• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking at a 68 sport satellite

Is that what it is? What a cool picture.

Don't let anyone tell you Sport Satellites aren't rad. I think I might rebadge my GTX as a SS just to prove the point.

No inspection so I took a chance... has 440 auto looked up code on block it's a 72-440 motor.. interior pretty good alldash works only bad area was rear seat needs recovered buckets with center console. Trunk has no rust

IMG_2612.JPG
IMG_2613.JPG
IMG_2614.JPG

Gotta love that gas pedal lol. Let me know if you are not into it - I think it would look good hanging in my garage.

Right now the brakes need done I'm thinking of doing the disc conversion. I'm sure this tranny has a stall converter but don't no how high never drove one like this. I gotta give it some throttle to get it moving..

Also guys I would like to build this motor some was thinking top end rebuild. Any good ideas need some help there???

Personally, I would not convert to front disc. At least consider the musclecarbrakes.com solution; it is less to modify, less work, and works well. You can read my nightmare of disc conversion here:

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...-front-disc-conversion-68-road-runner.127670/

I thought torque converter stall did not effect take off, but rather if the brakes were locked and the RPM rose to the stall the engine would stall?

I read some of your conversion it's that much of a pain in the butt?? I'm going to have tranny looked at..

Poor quality parts, missing parts, defective parts made a straightforward job a nine week nightmare. I'm the voice of caution on this forum for disc conversion. If I had to do over again it would be musclecarbrakes.com. Less to go wrong.

Pull all four drums and inspect.

Just front. I was told by the local mopar guys that rear disc is not a big improvement for the driver status cars.

Get your car on jackstands and pull the drums and inspect. See if any issues. Don't plan too many improvements until you've been over the car bumper to bumper.

Looks great! The grill is wrong for a 69 SS though. That looks like a standard Satellite grill. The Sport Sat looks just like the fancy GTX grill.
I like the hood upgrade.

Last edited:
Any updates? You've had the car awhile. How do you like it?

Still going thru the car checking out everything.. Looking at what I want to fix. It is a lot of fun has the wrong grill don't know what yr this one is but it's not for a 69. It says sport satellite in the grill but doesn't bolt up correctly.
For what I paid so far I'm happy.
Mopars rock!!!

that is a standard '69 road runner grill that someone added a Sport Satellite emblem to. Hope they didn't drill holes for the emblem.
great looking car.

They didn't drill holes but I still haven't seen what type of grill I need... Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back