• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking at a 70 Superbee, any help is appreciated

g'day from Australia :welcome:, I have always wanted one, but I found 71's instead

Last edited:
Another thing to consider is if the data/fender tag is gone,that's gonna hurt the value of the car when you go to sell it.A build sheet helps bring back some of the value but if neither are present,it will be a tougher sell as many buyers won't buy a car without at least one those unless they're looking for a modified or resto mod type car.

a car like this might be a better candidate for a resto mod
depending on what is missing and such
so you can look past some of the the one year only stuff
if that is your angle
you can get a modern drive train for half the price of a BB drive train
and go from there.
not every car has to be a oem resto
and some resto mods pull in almost as much coin as a oem car would.

could have tail stripe, "C" stripe or stripe delete in 1970

also could be WM21 coupe

important part is WM.....and make sure VIN matches body stamps

fenders are also expensive

could have tail stripe, "C" stripe or stripe delete in 1970

also could be WM21 coupe

important part is WM.....and make sure VIN matches body stamps
Right...not seeing any tail stripes either though. Could be a delete...

A lot of one year only parts on that bee, hard to get, and expensive. Make sure it’s complete....

What do you see that is "one year only"?

In the one photo showing the fenders, looks like they are a little beat up at the front on both sides?

Thanks

Z8dQ1xV0pmw4l47kR2rRZEpRftjOQBALTaFD37GG3_hM-512mW_MGRAb0agJBIYZZVVeTAk7h&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.jpg

iYYSath4cNKNjalSZaYI0CqTJ12y51Iq6anGExgH4byLzhkOol-1uqrClXVyfwOzILBikwyOP&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.jpg

4gFW_ag1Gf-JB3ObYFkGdrSHYg0Jb34jq_GakE9amiK2qCUT2-HIPoApfZFCb1UkS3ZGJvf5n&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.jpg

xGiyVxNYFI9X_6CZ16-zdRSq2hRwzs5OfabrW92eKKC5TKSa6vhF4Zg_u2VKqshG_NWa_REYi&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.jpg

OV4U4V6zP8iKq2ell6Wiklkhd_DfytFYY4XD_qj-m3WBq2SOBBxvowxkaEHV_p7uHXXzG-13O&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.jpg

I'm not a purist per say, but am in favor of stock/original. At least as close as I can get without breaking the bank to bad. No need for concourse restoration, no problem with modern drive line. But would really like the big block drive train. I bought my Boss 302 as a shell, but it was not blown apart like this Bee.

15634749132249.jpg

What do you see that is "one year only"?

In the one photo showing the fenders, looks like they are a little beat up at the front on both sides?

Thanks

Fenders, quarter’s, hood, valances, grills, several of the trim pieces front and rear, rear trim panel, tail lights. Many of which are not available in the after market world. Find a Mopar freak, take him with you and just make sure it’s complete. Trust me, Mopar’s can nickel and dime you to death chasing small parts.

Other than that if it’s mostly complete and rust free giver! Those 70’s are an acquired taste. You either love them or hate them. I think they suit Resto-Mods very well. Give them a lowered aggressive stance, modern drivetrain, heck yah.

B175A06C-544D-41F5-8BF2-B4FD63F91E00.jpeg
ADF08A34-DFCD-49A2-8D02-ACDD5346C3D7.jpeg

Is that a flat hood? Any holes in it?
I don’t know how much work you are planning on doing, but this restoration could hit $30,000 pretty easily.

Did the Bees have that DODGE Badge on the grille? Thought it was the lessers.

A lot of different opinions on that. Most say Super Bees did not have the grill emblem, and I agree because I have seen a lot of grilles without the mounting tabs for it. But I also have a magazine from 1970 that did a review of the 70 Super Bee and it does have the emblem on the grille. ???

god luck on the 70 Bee

welcome to FBBO

Auto Transport Service
Back