• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking at a fully restored 1966 Plymouth Satellite 383 tomorrow any idea what a fair price is these days? My mind is still stuck in 2012.

Thanks for this! I was struggling with the lingo. I believe it was a rotisserie restoration at the time but it confused me since they didn’t “restore” it to the build sheet. I would imagine it’s more expensive to restore it exactly to the day it was built and that it’s pricier on vehicles that can have their bodies separated from their frames.
Trust me you CAN and I have done a frame off resto on a B body, it's just not the usual lingo.

View attachment 1520191
"Frame-off" does not apply to our Mopars...
Oh - the car also should be referred to as a "resto-mod" or some such rather than a restoration
due to the transplant of the engine.

Best of luck in the pursuit of the car, though! :thumbsup:
That’s OK I guess. Thanks to the “BAT” sites of the world, in the last few years a Broadcast Sheet is now a build sheet, and a Fender Tag is now a body tag. All GM bullshit. :D Which is actually a perfect circle. You know the 5th digit in a Mopar VIN that indicates what engine your car came with? No such thing on a GM car until ‘72, when the first muscle car era was over. They came up with the term “matching numbers” because the only thing to prove what engine the car came with was matching sequence numbers. The sequence number on the block had to match the VIN sequence number.

It doesn't really matter if it's a Commando, Super Commando or whatever. It's not the original engine but as long as it runs and performs good it's a step up from the 273. This year/model is something you either love or hate as far as body styles go. They just don't bring the big dollars that the 68/69 Chargers, Super Bee's etc bring. That said if you really like the car it won't hurt anything to make an offer on it that fits your budget. When I make what I consider a little bit low offer I tell the guy it's likely worth what he's asking but I just don't have that kind of money to spend on it. I have never made anybody mad when I do that. What really pi$$es people off is if you tell them their car isn't worth what they are asking. It's pretty much a guarantee that you won't get the car. BTW, I don't lowball anyone. I just don't do it and don't like when it's done to me. I've closed the garage door and walked away from a few guys and told them it's not for sale to them at any price. Good Luck with the car.
Good, sound approach.

Thanks for this! I was struggling with the lingo. I believe it was a rotisserie restoration at the time but it confused me since they didn’t “restore” it to the build sheet. I would imagine it’s more expensive to restore it exactly to the day it was built and that it’s pricier on vehicles that can have their bodies separated from their frames.
What we are trying to say is basically a B body doesn’t have a frame.

4 1/2 months later and the bum doesn’t have the courtesy to say whether he looked at it or not?

:rolleyes:

1706277328984.png

Well this is part of the reason.

Auto Transport Service
Back