• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for 3D CAD files or detail drawings for big block mopar engines

I need to know the deck height for a 440. Having a little trouble with this. Thought it would be easy to find. It's not. I want a 7.1" rod on a 3.75" crank, so I need to size up the pistons. Particularly the pin height. I'm taking the block in tomorrow and it's packed up. SRP happened to have some at a supplier when I was doing another build. Seems I got lucky on that one because I didn't waste any time hunting them down. Of course this 440 machine work has to all be done while doing several other things that can't wait. I could dig up the FSM for a 426 - 413 but I'd like to see an actual 440 drawing/spec. to feel better. So far, it looks like maybe 10.25". Can anyone point me to a source for the spec.?

Thank you Curiousyellow71!
Feeling better!
I'm headed to SRP's site.
That's the blueprint. Whatever a factory block is? Who knows. Wait till it's measured.

Thank you Curiousyellow71!
Feeling better!
I'm headed to SRP's site.
It may be time to start a thread on this. I'll be on "Classic Mopar Tech" "Trans, Engine Driveline"

Last edited:
I need to know the deck height for a 440. Having a little trouble with this. Thought it would be easy to find. It's not. I want a 7.1" rod on a 3.75" crank, so I need to size up the pistons. Particularly the pin height. I'm taking the block in tomorrow and it's packed up. SRP happened to have some at a supplier when I was doing another build. Seems I got lucky on that one because I didn't waste any time hunting them down. Of course this 440 machine work has to all be done while doing several other things that can't wait. I could dig up the FSM for a 426 - 413 but I'd like to see an actual 440 drawing/spec. to feel better. So far, it looks like maybe 10.25". Can anyone point me to a source for the spec.?
As "Curious" said, 10.725" is the "factory spec" deck height....and if you have an un-cut block that measures out to that spec, go buy a lottery ticket!
Typically they run a bit taller than that, and not the same from front to back and side to side. Measuring (not easy) is the only way to know what you have. Plan on having the machinist cut and square the decks to get them right where you want...it's worth the extra few bucks.

As "Curious" said, 10.725" is the "factory spec" deck height....and if you have an un-cut block that measures out to that spec, go buy a lottery ticket!
Typically they run a bit taller than that, and not the same from front to back and side to side. Measuring (not easy) is the only way to know what you have. Plan on having the machinist cut and square the decks to get them right where you want...it's worth the extra few bucks.
Thanks beanhead. I went to a guy who knows his stuff. He was recommended to me because the guy I'm used to dealing with is retired. For many reasons I had to get started with this stuff right away. So even though he has earned a really good reputation, I'm in the dark about what I'll get because as far as I'm concerned even though we get along well, fact is I still don't know him. I asked for square decking, magnafluxing and boring. But is what he did what I'm actually looking for or was my request merely being interpreted in some way or another. I've paid him and I took a quick look at the block and the crank but of coarse I cannot really tell anything until I get the thing back in my hands. I definitely follow along because the crank is all that's going back in it --- so far. I'll go over to "Classic Mopar Tech" "Trans, Engine Driveline"

Auto Transport Service
Back