• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a 63-65 Dodge (B body) rear seat / trunk divider

jamesfillmore

FBBO Vendor
FBBO Sponsor
Local time
5:56 PM
Reaction score
Need one of these from a 2 door car to use as a template. I'd like to purchase or would make and ship a new one for free. Might take a couple weeks to get the design and tool made.

PS Plymouths are different.

If the 4 door sedan is the same, you can use mine.
Mike

I have a '63 & '65. The '65 is still in the car, '63 is loose. Both are from 2dr Sedans. I'm in zip 14086, "Armpit of the East", Just outside Buffalo, NY...

look on REM'S web site and see if they show/offer different ones for 2 and 4 door cars.....I think they are the same. I have both here in my cars but the cars are done so can't take them out.
Back of the back seats on the cars will fit 2 and 4 doors so I would think the dividers will also.

Bought one from Joe Suchy for my '63 convert inexpensive not sure of they're different for hardtops but Joe has a ton of parts.

I think the 2dr dividers are different than 4drs but can you snap a picture of your 4dr one so I can compare once I get a 2dr divider?

Thanks!
Here you go James:

IMG_1824.JPG

Thanks Mike! That 4dr one looks like the one I have. I thought the one I did was for all 63-65 B bodies but a local but put it in his 64 Dodge and it was too narrow I though. I'm gonna have to check with him again.

kryslerkid, thats for the photo. Yep yours looks like the one I make less those small cutouts.

Dimensions on mine are;
16 5/8" tall
48 3/8" at widest point (tips)
45 1/8" wide at bottom

So looks like 493 Mikes 4dr trunk divider and kryslerkids 62 Polara trunk divider are the same. i'm sure the small knotches in the sides would never be noticed once instaled.

As far as the online pictures, I think I am the ONLY guy that shows real pictures of real parts that I took myself. Bad thing is now every scammer is taking my picture and changing the background. Who knows what they're selling but I guarantee it wont be as nice as the picture they stole from me :) That REM picture above is just wrong. If you look at that guys listings he uses the wrong pictures on most items. Other guys list a trunk divider fitting both "67-69 Barracuda's and 70-74 E bodies". Not only is that wrong, those dividers couldn't be more different. Such terrible info online. I try to differentiate myself by actually doing the research, obtaining a collection of samples, making and then actually test fitting everything I make/sell.

Last edited:
Hi James,

I have one from a '65 Dodge Coronet 500. I can take pictures of it or ship one to you. At first glance the Dodge one looks identical to the Ply one you have posted. Might be slight difference if they are laid side by side but I don't see the difference from the picture.

Hi James,

I have one from a '65 Dodge Coronet 500. I can take pictures of it or ship one to you. At first glance the Dodge one looks identical to the Ply one you have posted. Might be slight difference if they are laid side by side but I don't see the difference from the picture.

Thanks Andy! Can you share a picture and compare to the measurements i posted above. On the I make there are small cutouts on each side. I can see in a picture of a 62 Polara that there are wheelwell seams in that area.

Ill have to stop by my buddies shop. He put this one in his 64 330 2dht and said it was too narrow. Maybe I gave him the wrong one.

Sorry for the crappy photo but this is my 62-65 B Body (?) trunk divider in a 64 330 2dht. You can see it's about 4" too narrow overall and about 4" or more too short. Maybe shorter if its supposed to ave a cutout over the trans tunnel.

IMG_3842.jpg

My divider is 48 3/8 tip to tip and 16 5/8 tall. It is about 45 across the bottom. I can send you my old one if you want it for reference. This is out of a '65 Coronet 500.

What I really need you to do is build me a narrower version for my car since my wheel wells have been moved in 1 3/4 each side. Just narrow each side by 1 3/4 and you'll have a "pro street" version which you can add to your catalog. Here are a couple of pictures:
DSC_1660 (Large).JPG
DSC_1662 (Large).JPG

Sorry for the crappy photo but this is my 62-65 B Body (?) trunk divider in a 64 330 2dht. You can see it's about 4" too narrow overall and about 4" or more too short. Maybe shorter if its supposed to ave a cutout over the trans tunnel.

View attachment 542395
Looks correct to me. I have a few of these dividers and that is what they look like.

On a similar subject, I copied the divider for my Belvedere using .100" aluminum to act as a firewall since my fuel cell is in the trunk. I also wondered about the direct route from the trunk area to the openings behind the quarter panel upholstery panel? I don't want to "go down with the ship" if a fire were to start in the trunk! I'm probably worrying too much.
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back