• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking For A Geo Metro

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmsjaw

Local time
4:21 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I'm looking for a 2 door, 5 speed, AC, 3cyl 1.0L car.
Condition not terribly important, but my be at least a 7 on a scale of 1-10.
I've got cash, I've got stuff to trade, etc.
Let's deal.

Haha, my buddy had one when we were about 15.
He bought it from a guy up the street who had put 8 quarts of oil in it total, then wondered why it didn't run right.
We messed around with that car a lot, finally painting it a nice shade of blue.
Some guy came by his house one morning and offered him a trade of a decent 1985 Chevy S10 Blazer and $2500 for it, and next thing I knew it was gone, before he ever even registered or drove it (legally).

Brings back memories.
Good luck with the search!

I ran an engine R&R shop for a while and we had one of those cars in. Didn't need a hoist to pull (or reinstall) the motor. Just lifted it out and back in lol

I ran an engine R&R shop for a while and we had one of those cars in. Didn't need a hoist to pull (or reinstall) the motor. Just lifted it out and back in lol

I thought those were sealed units. When they expired you throw it away.

Wife is working 51 freeway miles one way to work six days a week now.
Gas is killing us.
We've done this before with the 3 cyl 5 speed GEO when we had the same work issue come up with her several years ago...it worked out fantastic. On average, 40mpg, and slightly more when I removed the side rear view mirrors to reduce wind resistance (eye roll)...Anywhoo, still looking for a Metro.

HOWEVER, when we are done with it, now I'm thinkin' the Hemi thing; make the back seat the drivers seat, bring the motor back a bit through the firewall, shortended 9inch, etc...might be fun. I've seen pro street Nash Metropolitians before.

I think we are going backwards in fuel economy. Back in the 80's my dad had a diesel Rabbit and got over 50mpg. Drove form DC to Detroit on one tank! The new Smart-Cars barely get 40! Are you Waterford Michigan?

No, not Michigan.

Still looking. Please keep your eyes open for me.

is this even a safe car to drive

Same could be said for any of the pre-1964 B Body cars. They had no seat belts :)

I came up with over 20 in the Detroit area Craigslist. But I wouldn't let my wife drive one, and I dont even LIKE my wife! If you like yours, then there are better, and SAFER, alternatives.

I came up with over 20 in the Detroit area Craigslist. But I wouldn't let my wife drive one, and I dont even LIKE my wife! If you like yours, then there are better, and SAFER, alternatives.

I'm not sure if that was supposed to be funny........but it was.:icon_axe:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back