• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a hemi 528 block / engine builders

Oceankai

Local time
4:33 AM
Reaction score
aloha wonder if anyone knows a good engine builder? Hawaii is a bit limited on engine parts or someone that has a 528 engine block or 572 engine block.

Ray Barton has been in the HEMI world a long time,but he is one of the most expensive.There are many good engine builders out there and depending what your goals are will help determine where to go.
As long as you know what you want from an engine,and have a budget or unlimited funds,,,,,,,YOU CAN DO IT!!

3.21.16 012.jpg

Ray Barton has been in the HEMI world a long time,but he is one of the most expensive.There are many good engine builders out there and depending what your goals are will help determine where to go.
As long as you know what you want from an engine,and have a budget or unlimited funds,,,,,,,YOU CAN DO IT!!

View attachment 556493
Yeah that looks awesome. But again what’s the best bang for your buck,with AC serpentine system. I have been seeing just for a 500hp engine with efi 15,20 gs.

My 528" Hemi has a Mopar M Block. These days a good block is the hard part (or big money when you find one). Once you find a good new or used block, the rest of the parts can be purchased from many different sources. I quoted & sourced all of my parts as I bought them. I have a lot less money into my engine than people think. It makes way more power and torque than a crate engine for less money (even without all of the Nitrous).

20160414_201144.jpg 20160507_120139.jpg

My 528" Hemi has a Mopar M Block. These days a good block is the hard part (or big money when you find one). Once you find a good new or used block, the rest of the parts can be purchased from many different sources. I quoted & sourced all of my parts as I bought them. I have a lot less money into my engine than people think. It makes way more power and torque than a crate engine for less money (even without all of the Nitrous).

View attachment 557543 View attachment 557545
Wow that’s bad *** man. It just hard to really find parts in Hawaii. I’m not much of an engine builder but I would love to learn.

What kind of suspension r u running? I was thinking of running magnum force transformer

30BA29AD-581D-4481-943C-D26BB6A03152.jpeg

So what’s the cost on your engine ball park. Hell if you can help me find a bloc that would be awesome

I am running a RMS Front suspension on my 70 Challenger.

You mind sharing the specs and hp of your hemi?

It is 4.500" Bore, 4.150" stroke Kellogg crank, 7.100" Ray Barton (Manley) rods, J.E. 10.5:1 Pistons to run on pump gas. Custom Ground Comp Cams Nitrous Cam & Comp solid Elite Race Roller Lifters. Mopar Performance Heads, Manley Valves, Ray Barton 1.6/1.6 Rocker system, Trend Pushrods. It made 853HP/691TQ on pump gas on motor only on one of our SAE certified dynos. Still has two stages of nitrous with the foggers for at the track. I know I left a lot more power on the table for H.P. if I increased the compression & added more rocker arm ratio but I drive my stuff on the street. It is in my 70' Challenger.

20160716_125320.jpg rsz_20160716_125311.jpg

Stout motor!! you like the Indy tunnel ram? I was thinking about going that route with mine when I put it back together, except with 4150’s

It is 4.500" Bore, 4.150" stroke Kellogg crank, 7.100" Ray Barton (Manley) rods, J.E. 10.5:1 Pistons to run on pump gas. Custom Ground Comp Cams Nitrous Cam & Comp solid Elite Race Roller Lifters. Mopar Performance Heads, Manley Valves, Ray Barton 1.6/1.6 Rocker system, Trend Pushrods. It made 853HP/691TQ on pump gas on motor only on one of our SAE certified dynos. Still has two stages of nitrous with the foggers for at the track. I know I left a lot more power on the table for H.P. if I increased the compression & added more rocker arm ratio but I drive my stuff on the street. It is in my 70' Challenger.

View attachment 558105
You NEED an aftermarket block!!!!!

You NEED an aftermarket block!!!!!
Oh, my fault I should have added that. I just assumed since we are talking 528"-572" engines everyone knew we were talking an aftermarket block. Yes, I do have a Mopar Performance M block.

Ok so where can I get a 528 mopar M block. Just for clarification I’m new to mopar could you do a 440 or a 426 and do a stroker and bore it and get over 500 HP or do I need a 528 mopar hemi block?

You don’t need to build a hemi to get 500hp. Can easily be obtained with a 400 or 440 block

If you want help you need to post your budget and goals. What kind of car? What trans is in it now? What rearend is in it?

Auto Transport Service
Back