• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for Advice on 1969 Roadrunner Purchase

darc1722

Local time
8:39 AM
Reaction score
I'm going to look at a 1969 4 speed Silver Roadrunner for sale at Southern Motors in Michigan, they're at www.southernmotors.com. There's a video and pictures of the car www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii1an_fqBZo, please take a look and let me know if you have any information on the car or your thoughts on it, thanks.

Does anyone know or could recommend a Mopar inspection service that would go over the car? I would be glad to pay for the service, I'm looking at the car on June 30th/July 1st

Last edited:
Take it to a reputable restoration shop. Pay the $300 ? or so for an inspection. Then you will know what to do.

Not to hijack your thread...But IF this deal doesn't work out...My 68' RR is ALL #'s matching and a lot cheaper.

Your call ultimately! You're there seeing it in person. Video was good but certainly from a sellers point of view. Overall the car looked good. But can't see everything from video or pics.

Hangnout had a great idea. Get it inspected if you're not sure. The dealership shouldn't have an issue, if they do, there would be your answer. Good luck!

Not to hijack your thread...But IF this deal doesn't work out...My 68' RR is ALL #'s matching and a lot cheaper.
hey I'm driving through Michigan June 30th to check the car out. I'm leaving from Chicago area, are you along the way would like to see your car. The deal isn't done yet on the other car.

I'm guessing that Stuka is 1-2 hours from Southern Motors. If you don't REALLY KNOW what you're looking for....take a knowing person with you. It can save you a lot of heartache. Everybody's idea of "nice", differs.

nice looking Roadrunner. seems like a nice restoration job. i didn't see a price on their website, but going to take a guess of 45-50k?

Here is the write up:

Documented Body-Up Restoration, True (RM) Road Runner, factory (A4) silver metallic, black vinyl top, black vinyl interior, black Performance hood striping, factory (N96) Air Grabber hood, 69 date coded 383 ci engine, matching numbers 4 speed manual transmission, 4 bbl, factory intake & exhaust manifolds, Air Grabber breather, electronic ignition, bench seat, factory Hurst shifter, factory tach & gauges, am radio, new Flowmaster dual exhaust with chrome tips, 8 3/4 3.23 Sure Grip rear end, new 255/60R15 BF Goodrich Radial TA rear tires, 235/60R15 fronts, new 15" Magnum 500 wheels, 95,000 original miles, Broadcast Sheet, Beep! Beep!

Looks OK to me
You do understand it is not original engine.

I would check out Stuka 1166's car if I were you.
Do not let your HEART influence your HEAD
Remember Budnick's famous quote:
"Fill your library before you fill your garage"

That is a good looking Roadrunner. Same exterior and interior as my 69 GTX that I am working on. Love the A4 with black hood treatment.

I agree - have an inspection serVice give it a good hard look. Maybe a member in the area would do it for you. I've done it a couple of times in LA for members that didn't live in the area. You want to do your homework before laying out the cash.

Chips in the paint,dent in the exhaust tip,Car is nice but over priced as many of these muscle car dealers. If you owned that car and wanted them to buy it they would offer you 20 grand. looks and sound s good,no rust and already done but you are gonna pay for that,good luck and hope it works out for you.

I like it. That said, mine looks good on video and in pictures too. Get on a plane and go look at it for yourself.

I like it. That said, mine looks good on video and in pictures too. Get on a plane and go look at it for yourself.

For that sort of money, a plane ticket is like a meal out on a Saturday night. And you get to have a road trip going home if you buy it.

I am in agreement with many other members here, the A4 with black accents is an awesome color combination. This car should have the double white sport stripe as well according to the tag (V6W). Probably looks better without it though.

Did he share a copy of the build sheet with you? I would be interested to see a couple of items on it. This is an early build car (B26) and it has head rests. I would expect a C31 code on the build sheet. A picture of build sheet would provide more insite to the vehicle.

In regards to the car as a purchase. Are you looking for a driver or something to just show? This car definitely falls into the driver category. The restoration is not nearly an OEM quality job. Tons of details to clean up....what is the goo in the trunk?

He may be a bit fat on the price, but $38.9 k does not buy you much if you are trying to restore a car these days.

My advice is if you like the car, negotiate and go for it. Good luck and enjoy!!

D

Auto Transport Service
Back