• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for alternator pics

Red Cricket

Local time
5:31 AM
Reaction score
G Day all, Im looking for some pics on how this alternator bracket is mounted on my 65 coronet 318 poly engine. Its all original. i did remove the factory aircond compressor and equip. Looks so simple but its got me locked up!.......... tks for your help!

IMG_0573.JPG

This is the alternator bracket on my 65 318. Are you sure the bracket you show is off your engine? Your's is cast iron, mine is fabricated steel.
Mike
IMG_1875.JPG

anyone have A/C compressor from a poly 318? Looking for one.

This is the alternator bracket on my 65 318. Are you sure the bracket you show is off your engine? Your's is cast iron, mine is fabricated steel.
Mike
View attachment 1296200

agree, I’ve seen stamped steel.

I have seen that pic. Looks like dipstick runs thru the bkt. This engine has about 25-30 thousand miles on rebuild. Im trying to start it after 32 yrs. Im going back stock when I can. I asked last week about the used a/c equip and most said junk it. The compressor had a ruff spot when turning. Looks like I may have the incorrect brkt. I dont see the alternator in pics.

Ant suggestions where a person could get 1 of these bracket/ect. I have looked and they seem to hide or not many available. TKS

I have this one I removed from a 66 Satellite, Poly, non air, that should work. PM me if you're interested.

IMG_2113.JPG
IMG_2114.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back