• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for info on this 63 Plymouth

Scott Kiger

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:31 PM
Reaction score
8FA1F3D5-572D-4980-BA51-D3DD5A7C52D7.jpeg
Do any of y’all remember this car racing when it was still in Super Stock form? I just bought it. Tube chassis is new but the former owner died before he could finish the car. I get wanting to go faster and be safer, but man it would have been cool to leave as it was. I am going to finish it up and put the stick dash back in it. Will make a nice car. Can’t decide to put the old Super Stock paint scheme back on it or what though.

I remember the Tat'R wedge racing NSS at Summit on Mopar weekends.... certainly have some pix and videos somewhere...

I do not. I'll try to get an idea of the photos I have how long ago... I didn't think it was ancient history lol.... maybe it will help jog someone's memories.

I do not. I'll try to get an idea of the photos I have how long ago... I didn't think it was ancient history lol.... maybe it will help jog someone's memories.

i think the last time it was raced was around 2014. At least that’s when the video was uploaded. I found one YouTube video of it. It was in super stock form then.

You may also reach out to the guys that run the Victory NSS racing program. Nice project! Gotta love those old racers!

i think the last time it was raced was around 2014. At least that’s when the video was uploaded. I found one YouTube video of it. It was in super stock form then.

View attachment 1277221 Do any of y’all remember this car racing when it was still in Super Stock form? I just bought it. Tube chassis is new but the former owner died before he could finish the car. I get wanting to go faster and be safer, but man it would have been cool to leave as it was. I am going to finish it up and put the stick dash back in it. Will make a nice car. Can’t decide to put the old Super Stock paint scheme back on it or what though.
Jad Bailey out of Kentucky is the owner of the car that was raced. I am trying to remember the guy that owned and raced for several years (he died 6-7 years ago) but i know he was from southern Ohio (possibly Portsmouth) I am assuming he was building another car but the original Tat-r-Wedge is raced now by Jad. If you can get in touch with Jad or Roger Webb they can answer all questions.

Jad Bailey out of Kentucky is the owner of the car that was raced. I am trying to remember the guy that owned and raced for several years (he died 6-7 years ago) but i know he was from southern Ohio (possibly Portsmouth) I am assuming he was building another car but the original Tat-r-Wedge is raced now by Jad. If you can get in touch with Jad or Roger Webb they can answer all questions.

Thanks. I don’t feel as bad about this car getting cut up if the OG is still around. Whoever built the chassis did a great job with the welds. Beautiful work. I am aiming to build it and run a southeast gear jammers circuit with it.

Not easy to find pix on my old comp......, but here it is in the pre-Summit race days at Norwalk Raceway Park for a Mopar Weekend in 2005.... might have still been called Chrysler Classic then?? I'll look for more....
TATR_WEDGE.jpg.jpg

don't know about any history, but it looks to be a cool project

Popcorn The Stig Eating.gif

Bruce Campbell was the first person I can remember running the Tat'r Wedge back in the 90's
Doug

It’s a well built car. I just hate the owner passed away before he could finish it after investing so much time and money in it. The OG Tat’r Wedge is still alive and well though. I have talked to Mr. Habura. The doors and fenders on this car came off of the original car when they hung glass ones on it the front end is fiberglass but he said they went back to steel fenders on the OG car but went to fiberglass doors. Didn’t make a lot of sense to me but that’s what the man said and he should know I reckon. Jimmy Fuller is who having this car built. I still don’t know which chassis shop did the work but I would like to as there fab work is gorgeous.
8F8DD3E7-8481-4A3B-9304-92853625AAA0.jpeg

It’s a well built car. I just hate the owner passed away before he could finish it after investing so much time and money in it. The OG Tat’r Wedge is still alive and well though. I have talked to Mr. Habura. The doors and fenders on this car came off of the original car when they hung glass ones on it the front end is fiberglass but he said they went back to steel fenders on the OG car but went to fiberglass doors. Didn’t make a lot of sense to me but that’s what the man said and he should know I reckon. Jimmy Fuller is who having this car built. I still don’t know which chassis shop did the work but I would like to as there fab work is gorgeous. View attachment 1280083
Check with Roger Webb i am sure he can answer all ?. He and Jimmy were best friends. Not sure if he is on here but is on facebook and he is out of McDermott,Ohio.

93370240-D7EB-43E5-A48C-486F688F5CE6.jpeg
Well it’s home and in the shop. Time to get to work on it.

Last edited:
While I appreciate the "other brands" way more now that I'm 60, versus "Mopar rules! Everything else SUCKS" when I was 16, I do love the big, fat, wide rear tires and the overall stance and look of this car! It exudes "old school bad ***"
Very nice!

While I appreciate the "other brands" way more now that I'm 60, versus "Mopar rules! Everything else SUCKS" when I was 16, I do love the big, fat, wide rear tires and the overall stance and look of this car! It exudes "old school bad ***"
Very nice!

Thanks! It should make a really nice car!

Auto Transport Service
Back