• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for new engine wiring harness

Michael_

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:53 AM
Reaction score
I got a 1969 dodge charger r/t with the 440/727 combo.
Sooner or later i will have to replace the engine wiring harness that connects to the bulkhead because of the wire isolation falling apart.

Is there a quality reproduction ideally including fusible link, bulkhead connector and everything?
I'm aware of the problem with new parts being junk right out the box but i do not really think buying 50 year old nos wiring is such a hot idea? (if i could even find it)

I'm looking for a factory correct reproduction which you would use on concourse restorations.
I'm not looking for a different aftermarket wiring.

I just found this set on ebay which includes everything i need.

Notice that it looks like someone covered wide areas with electrical tape. Just as mine.
I thought thats not factory but appears like it is. :) I will recheck mine if i want to replace just a few wires or replace the whole harness.

Probably makes sense to also get a set of these

Let me know if there is a better product otherwise i probably end up ordering this set.

Bought an engine harness off year one a few years back for my 67. Went in easy and it’s been fine.

Tommy White, partshound.net. Great to deal with. He's in Racine, Wisconsin. Bought harnesses from him, no problems. He even labels the wires, where to plug, etc

Last edited:
Try M&H. They're very good. And extremely popular amongst forums members. I purchased all mine from them.

Tommy White, partshound.net. Great to deal with. He's in Racine, Wisconsin. Bought harnesses from him, no problems. He even labels the wires, where to plug, etc
I paid him to rebuild the dash harness for Uncle Bill's Cuda when all the new ones were backordered with no availability dates in sight. He's nit cheap but does good work.

M&H is about a 12 month wait these days. Can’t get anyone in California to come to work.

M&H is about a 12 month wait these days. Can’t get anyone in California to come to work.
Some retailers may have one in stock. If not, the one linked to on eBay looks like a proper harness. Just don't get rid of your original harness until you can compare the two.

I got a 1969 dodge charger r/t with the 440/727 combo.
Sooner or later i will have to replace the engine wiring harness that connects to the bulkhead because of the wire isolation falling apart.

Is there a quality reproduction ideally including fusible link, bulkhead connector and everything?
I'm aware of the problem with new parts being junk right out the box but i do not really think buying 50 year old nos wiring is such a hot idea? (if i could even find it)

I'm looking for a factory correct reproduction which you would use on concourse restorations.
I'm not looking for a different aftermarket wiring.
Partshound.net can hook you up

Auto Transport Service
Back