• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

looking for pics/measurements of Center console Brackets placement 64 Fury

My shifter has little tabs on the rear that I assume go into the slots.....I also see two different kinds of rear console brackets on these cars.... One looks kind of like the front ones, and one looks like a shelf ?? both on 64's ???? any thoughts ???

20210717_134305.jpg

64 Console Dim 3.jpg

Last edited:
Mine looks like the white car above, the rear bracket is for the 2 bolts that bolt down through the inside of the console storage area, maybe someone tried to use a front set on the rear?, idk but there needs to be a slot for those 2 bolts. As mentioned by someone before I would bolt the brackets to the console and get it sitting level maybe even put the seats in real quick to varify your left to right positioning .I've never seen the little bracket on any other car either. Btw, these 64', 65' have great looking consoles.

OK fellas, I got lucky. I didnt think I had it, but as it turns out The little bracket that the shifter sits in WAS in my box of brackets !! Now, I took everyones advice and mounted the brackets to my Console. I used the measurements that Parts stalker provided, (which were Spot On ), and set everything in the car. I got it level, tacked it in place, removed the console and hit some more spots of weld, Painted it, and everything sits great !!
I also took some pictures so everyone can see how the shifter with tabs sits on the center bracket. Like my internet photo shows, it will sit in the slots of that bracket when its bent UP, and also bolt to the top of the console plate with the four screws. The bracket gives it a ton of stability, and allows you to use the shifter to move car around without the console in it.....Maybe these pics will show folks the way it supposed to be mounted....I've seen tons of photos with the bracket just bent down, but I'm not quite sure why....The shifter tabs definitely sit right onto this bracket...
1965_cable_shift_console-jpg.jpg
_nc_ohc=326hEWfTI3EAX_DKBMo&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=uwzgGpCfygcAX97ZInn&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=hHevmbP6IwgAX9k9iKK&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=E-0TlecrzvoAX9wD6Yd&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=WSni93CqKj4AX9W4odE&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=PRN4f7SY8HMAX_ksD7a&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
X-_zQeN&tn=5yiR4lxnBmOVWXL9&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=eE9sN7YHFPwAX-pdj0q&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back