• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for pictures or images of a 71/2 Plymouth Air Grabber hood

Ben Mowery

Local time
6:19 AM
Reaction score
I am currently converting a Satellite hood to an air grabber hood for my 71 GTX. I found the template for whole locations, but I am looking for an image of how much the front brace gets trimmed as well as other inside modifications for the hood to allow it to look somewhat correct. I know I will need to clearance around the holes for the bell nuts and such. There was a post here that was a little dated. I found it about a month ago, but I can remember what I searched. Any help would be appreciated. TY.

I am currently converting a Satellite hood to an air grabber hood for my 71 GTX. I found the template for whole locations, but I am looking for an image of how much the front brace gets trimmed as well as other inside modifications for the hood to allow it to look somewhat correct. I know I will need to clearance around the holes for the bell nuts and such. There was a post here that was a little dated. I found it about a month ago, but I can remember what I searched. Any help would be appreciated. TY.
While this subject is being revisited, I’ve been looking for quite some time to find a cutting tool to accurately reproduce the attaching nut access holes in the hood frame (because of the multiple contours). I always felt that a hole saw would be ideal, but couldn’t find one smaller than 1” diameter, but just yesterday I found a bi-metal hole saw kit at harbor freight with a .750” saw, which is what’s needed, so I’m crossing my fingers this thing will do the job. Just thought I’d throw that in since you’re looking to do the same thing I am doing.

Ben, I went thru the ordeal. I made my hood into an Air Grabber. I bought the kit from Stinger.
The 4 rear holes for the bell nuts are huge - I think they need to be at least 1" in dia. but double check before you drill.

I posted my work on the Road runner nest forum.
Startin to work on the Clone Runner (it's PAINTED!) - Page 13 - Road Runner Nest
It starts on page 13 where I cut the hole in the hood.
Then jump to page 22 to see the work required for the Stinger setup.

*note* I'm not using any of the under hood Air Grabber components due to the height of the intake I plan on using.
If you go thru the rest of the pages you will see how I keep the air door in the open position.

Auto Transport Service
Back