• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for RM23N1R131774

71 GTX

Local time
7:51 PM
Reaction score
It was my first 71 B Body and I have alot of history on this car if someone steps up....

The last that I had heard, someone from NY had purchased the car, in need of work....

The current owner contacted me....I found my old car! :blob1:

Lucky for him....now he gets the history.
Nice connection

Not looking to purchase it, but wanted to keep in touch with the owner....he is going to be restoring as a father-son deal....it was a high optioned 383 auto car with hemi suspension, air grabber, etc....

Thats cool when one can get the history of their car. I had a 71RR Butterscotch, A/G, Buckets, Hemi susp, 15" Rallyes, ect. Cool car but had way toooooo much rust for me so I put it on E-bay. I get a call from a guy that was the 2nd owner and his uncle was the first owner. Has the complete history of the car through the early 80's when it came to CO. Sent me pics of the car from the late 70's. He even still had the original spare tire and jack. I pass his info on to the guy that I sold it to.

Thats cool when one can get the history of their car. I had a 71RR Butterscotch, A/G, Buckets, Hemi susp, 15" Rallyes, ect. Cool car but had way toooooo much rust for me so I put it on E-bay. I get a call from a guy that was the 2nd owner and his uncle was the first owner. Has the complete history of the car through the early 80's when it came to CO. Sent me pics of the car from the late 70's. He even still had the original spare tire and jack. I pass his info on to the guy that I sold it to.

Hey Mark...check that VIN again. That was the same car you owned!

Daats me! It seems to have gotten passed around a few more times since you had it and the current owner only found me thru RRnest

Small world. All my info and pics of the car are trapped in a crashed hard drive.
So 71 GTX, you were in Alaska when you contacted me correct? What state is the car in now? Has anyone dealt with the body work? Would love to see that car put back to it's original glory but man it should had some rust issues. I traded it for a couple Challengers to a guy a Carlsbad NM. He had to have that car even with the rust issues. A few months after that I see it on e-bay for decent coin and no talk of the rust issues. Sold for more than twice of what I wanted for it. Alot of the rust issues were covered up with fiberglass and paint when I bought it.
Thanks Eric for keeping me straight on my cars, lol.

Is the email on your website, still valid?? If so, I will send you the pics of what I have from you or send you a link to it....and yeah, I was in Alaska when I first contacted you....I will fill you in on the details of what went down with it after you traded it....have to go for now....

Is the email on your website, still valid?? If so, I will send you the pics of what I have from you or send you a link to it....and yeah, I was in Alaska when I first contacted you....I will fill you in on the details of what went down with it after you traded it....have to go for now....

It is. That would be awesome. No hurry, when you have time. Thanks

UPDATE:
Car has been sold once again and I have maintained contact with current car's owner....

Auto Transport Service
Back