• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking to buy 71 charger interior parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss mopar

Local time
7:55 PM
Reaction score
I’m working on my 71 super bee that I just purchased.
Interior is very nice original and just needs a couple items
Hoping to find someone that can help
I’m down needing a dash pad in black and driver pillar post molding In black. Thanks

ABCmopars for rebuilt dashes. If they have cores you could buy, but if not, will need to send your core. JustDashes used to be the best option some years ago, but they increased their prices rates a lot ( $600-700 ), then ABCMopars, Carolina Dashes and some other become on the best option on $400-450 rate ( some sellers use the same rebuilding service... they have changed their name several times. They use to come from El Paso, Texas )

Becarefull of sellers offering fiber cores... has been told they don't fit correctly, and are "wavy"

About plastic interior parts. BECAREFULL... there are couple of manufacturers making full interior plastic parts. One is worst than the other... Palco ( DashTop ) average quality for just driver cars replacement and Accuform, a full piece of ****. Don't ask how I know it.

As mentioned it has been told Tony is making nice A pillars ( which were available just by AccuShit ). But can't tell personally the quality. Classic Industries is also selling quite perfect repros of the seat back panels, but this is just because by casuality we are taking the ride from the E body crowd which uses same seat back panels and they are getting better parts than us. They are also molded in color, not painted like the rest of reproducers ( Palco/Dashtops makes just black and white... others will need to be painted ).

As Nacho said ABC Moparts is the way to go, that's where I purchased mine for my '72. Great fit and finish, some shots of mine.

52244333037_a644c232c2_z.jpg

52245309601_97d780664e_z.jpg

52245803825_293fa08631_z.jpg

I know this is an old thread but I just got a full set of 71 Charger lower door panels from Dante's, they are Dashtop and I have to say that I am not at all impressed. The plastic is shiny and looks brittle, additionally the arm rests are molded into the rear panels with no provision for the ash tray (not that I use that anyway).

I checked with Classic and all they carry is Dashtop as well, so it seems like it is that or nothing.

If you got rear panels with Molded arm rest, they are probably 73, since 73/74 are like that.

actually thinking on every detail, every year is different for some reason (minor or major)

Thanks and like so many things they are marketed as 71-74. That part doesn't bother me as much as the overall finish, the panels are shiny and look cheap. They are thick enough but seem brittle. I just bought some used rear ones off eBay so at least I will have options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back