• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking to replace my radiator

I figure I’d try what’s in it. I really don’t know yet if the pump was upgraded. Is the pumps part number easily seen once the fan is out of the way?
I guess that depends on what pump it is. I don't remember seeing any markings on my 440 source pump but I could be wrong...big block pumps are so easy to change and not expensive, if youre not sure I would replace it now before you get it all back together and regret not doing it!

...I would replace it now before you get it all back together and regret not doing it!

Oh it’s getting replaced! Nothing worse than upgrading some of the parts in a chain only to have an old weak link give out. I’m 61 and had my share of regrets, now I do it right.

I’m talking directly with ECP on their best recommendation for a 22” for my car. The ebay vendor recommended I go with the Hemi 22” but I just want to see if the company agrees.

I went to Dante’s Mopar parts. They had a factory repop radiator shroud with brackets and retainers. Very reasonable price and looks OE on my 69 Roadrunner; 383, no AC, 727. Does direct air and does keep few degrees cooler also protects fingers. I had my OE radiator rebuilt with extra row added for better cooling from shop in Greenville, NC. They even knocked small dents from top. Kept all mt original stampings

65-440, how is that ebay 26" radiator been working? I just bought the same one based on your review. I sent you a PM but your inbox is full. Thx in advance for some feedback
I just cleared some messages! So far so good, no leaks and engine temps are great. Factory shroud fit prefect....it is a bit thicker than my previous radiator so I had to use a shorter fan clutch that I had on there before. Once that was sorted out is been all good. I like the "factory" appearance a lot!

I just cleared some messages! So far so good, no leaks and engine temps are great. Factory shroud fit prefect....it is a bit thicker than my previous radiator so I had to use a shorter fan clutch that I had on there before. Once that was sorted out is been all good. I like the "factory" appearance a lot!
That's great to hear! Thanks for the feedback; what "shortened fan clutch did you find that worked? I currently run a Hayden HD clutch on my fan with my stock copper radiator. The factory appearance with the black paint was a winner for me as well.

I went to Dante’s Mopar parts. They had a factory repop radiator shroud with brackets and retainers. Very reasonable price and looks OE on my 69 Roadrunner; 383, no AC, 727. Does direct air and does keep few degrees cooler also protects fingers. I had my OE radiator rebuilt with extra row added for better cooling from shop in Greenville, NC. They even knocked small dents from top. Kept all mt original stampings

Is the shroud the pre-70 style 2-part steel type or the 70 and later one piece abs type? I hate the original style ones for my 68 and prefer the one piece.

What did it cost to restore and upgrade your original radiator? I do have the original correct parts number radiator for my car but the 22” big block ECP radiators sound so efficient its hard not to head in that direction.

Are they really worth the price? Seems very expensive. Im not going for a factory correct look, just need something that will cool.
Yes, they are expensive but my bee doesn't overheat in the Florida summer in traffic. That's worth the money in my opinion. I traded Bob a good radiator (didn't have my original) and it knocked the price off by quiet a bit and was able to get a date coded unit back. So that's definitely an option if you're looking to save a few dollars.

Auto Transport Service
Back