• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking to view a 1968 Q-code Bright Blue Metallic paint job - Detroit area

JPWally

Local time
1:59 AM
Reaction score
Just curious if any member in the Detroit area might have a 1968 Q-code Bright Blue Metallic paint job (original or re-spray) on their B-body that I could see?
I would like to preview that particular color before I jump in and have my car painted. It would be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
JPW

1968 Q-Code Blue Metallic.JPG

Beautiful color. B5 before there was B5.

So, Dodge or Plymouth??? Plymouth is QQ1, Electric Blue Poly. Dodge is Q, Bright Blue Poly.

:thumbsup: My Dodge is QQ1.

QQ1 is the fender tag coding for roof & body both being Q1 - it's commonly confused, enough so that some paint reference charts repeat it.
And just to confuse that code further, Q1 for '672 was a metallic red.

QQ1 is the fender tag coding for roof & body both being Q1 - it's commonly confused, enough so that some paint reference charts repeat it.
And just to confuse that code further, Q1 for '672 was a metallic red.
And further confusion is when it is QQ1 but with a black vinyl top lol.

The second Q is the color of the steel top under the vinyl, the vinyl is not part of this number. If you car was no vinyl it would still be QQ1. If it was 2 tone only paint no vinyl it could be like QW2. Blue/White-2 tone.

Auto Transport Service
Back