• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lou Brock won't be Down!

R.I.P.

Rest in peace Lou Brock. Helluva ball player! 440'

Living in St. Louis lou brock was a big deal and loved by all!! I still have a few baseball cards and he's one of them. Thanks for the memories, R.I.P.

Rest In Peace! One of my favorites!

One of the great Cardinals of the 60's. R.I.P. What a great baseball franchise !

Big baseball fan myself. RIP Lou Brock. He was one of the greatest of all time. Man could hit and run. I recently learned for the first time the story how Curt Flood was the first to create free agency. As much of an avid baseball fan I have been over the years. I never heard the Curt Flood story. Very interesting. He was a Cardinal at that time also.

Rest In Peace Lou. He sure had a knack for stealing bases. 1 of my favorites. Kim
Hey, Hey-O, you need to do some fact checkin before disagreeing! I don't know where that comes from? Just sayin!

Lou Brock stole one-hundred eighteen bases, breaking the modern record of one-hundred four, set by Maury Wills in 1962 - a record that would stand until Rickey Henderson would break it in 1982, swiping 130 bags.
Brock would never again achieve triple-digits in stolen bases, but he would be widely remembered as one of the greatest base stealers of all time.
https://www.baseball-almanac.com/feats/feats22b.shtml

A great player and ambassador of the game. He was traded by the Chicago Cubs after 4 years with them to the Red Birds. Now ya'll know that the Cubs/Cards is one of the great if not best rivalries there is. And it is one of the best to attend if you get the chance. When William Wrigley made the trade it was this:

Lou Brock and Ernie Broglio respectively, the centerpieces of a June 15, 1964, six-player deal: Brock, Jack Spring and Paul Toth were traded from the Chicago Cubs to the St. Louis Cardinals in exchange for Broglio, Bobby Shantz, and Doug Clemens.

The worst mistake of many more that the Cubs would make in their long History. But now they have reemerged into a great organization run so much better and a hell of lot more fun to watch. Even today when they loose a game, most refer to them as the Cardiac Cubs or the Lovable Losers. Still I am a die hard fan of the great game of Baseball...RIP Lou...cr8crshr/Bill:praying::praying::praying::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Hey, Hey-O, you need to do some fact checkin before disagreeing! I don't know where that comes from? Just sayin!

Lou Brock stole one-hundred eighteen bases, breaking the modern record of one-hundred four, set by Maury Wills in 1962 - a record that would stand until Rickey Henderson would break it in 1982, swiping 130 bags.
Brock would never again achieve triple-digits in stolen bases, but he would be widely remembered as one of the greatest base stealers of all time.
https://www.baseball-almanac.com/feats/feats22b.shtml
I fat fingered, sorry, just changed it. Of course you're right!!!

It seems people are having a bad case of that lately, myself included! LOL
Sorry!!! He truly was a great man and I remember as a young kid when he got on base, everyone would say, watch this, watch this, because you knew that if given a chance he was going to steal a base!! St Louisiains are taking it very hard. By the way, when I saw the red X, I thought what weenie would do that. It wasn't till I checked and it was me!! Lol

Lou Brock was the first modern day base stealer. A lot has changed about the game in the past 20 years..Particularly, most teams don’t run anymore. That, among many other factors. Has made the game very boring to me. Many casual fans like to see 10 homers a game. So, the sport pushed that narrative. To real fans, that has dulled the game. Real baseball fans. Like pitching, running, defense too. Same aspect from all sports. They all added too much offense and deminished too much defense. Boring
Not to mention, the disrespect for the game. Bat flips, every home run. No one can pitch inside. Hitters have too much of an advantage. I don’t like the direction baseball has turned. And I’ve been an avid fan all my life.

Last edited:
Lou Brock was the first modern day base stealer. A lot has changed about the game in the past 20 years..Particularly, most teams don’t run anymore. That, among many other factors. Has made the game very boring to me. Many casual fans like to see 10 homers a game. So, the sport pushed that narrative. To real fans, that has dulled the game. Real baseball fans. Like pitching, running, defense too. Same aspect from all sports. They all added too much offense and not enough defense. Boring
To me it has to do with stats, don't take a chance of getting out and then lowering your record. You're right It's not the same. Way back in the day, they had jobs and played for the game, not the money.

By the way, when I saw the red X, I thought what weenie would do that. It wasn't till I checked and it was me!! Lol

If we can't laugh at ourselves, who can we laugh at?

To me it has to do with stats, don't take a chance of getting out and then lowering your record. You're right It's not the same. Way back in the day, they had jobs and played for the game, not the money.
You’re exactly right. Big money ruined sports.

Ken Heintzelman was my father in laws cousin. He lived down the road from us and I took my son to meet him several times. He was humble and would tell stories of how the game was so many years ago. They'd have a few beers and a few hotdogs and play the game. He knew some real players from the day. Fun to listen to!!

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back