• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Low Cost AC Recommendations Please

In addition to barrier hoses, the condenser will likely need to be updated. The original is one long set of tubes wound back and forth, essentially a serial path for the freon. R134 does not work well in this type of condenser. It needs a modern parallel flow design. Old one will be OK'ish, but best cooling needs the new type, so add that to your estimate. Vintage Air is hard to beat when you need more that just a compressor and a couple hoses.
Tim

In addition to barrier hoses, the condenser will likely need to be updated. The original is one long set of tubes wound back and forth, essentially a serial path for the freon. R134 does not work well in this type of condenser. It needs a modern parallel flow design. Old one will be OK'ish, but best cooling needs the new type, so add that to your estimate. Vintage Air is hard to beat when you need more that just a compressor and a couple hoses.
Tim
I received my new complete Vintage Air system today. Ordered through Speedway Motors , Drop shipped from Texas to Iowa , total of 10 days. Haven't opened to check contents yet.. After reading all these posts comparisons , old verses new, I am glad I went with all new..... Thanks........................MO

I bought a Classic Auto Air setup over a year ago and with all sorts of delays, I still haven't installed it.

I received my new complete Vintage Air system today. Ordered through Speedway Motors , Drop shipped from Texas to Iowa , total of 10 days. Haven't opened to check contents yet.. After reading all these posts comparisons , old verses new, I am glad I went with all new..... Thanks........................MO

+KD

Hey would you guys be able to document your installation on a separate thread? When ever you get to it. That would be awesome for the next guys!

Cool. Keep us posted. I'vve used them twice and really like the system. I was able to pick up my last one at the factory, pretty cool.

+KD

Hey would you guys be able to document your installation on a separate thread? When ever you get to it. That would be awesome for the next guys!
A few years ago, I would have installed mine myself, but I want it done soon and my low vision now, makes me very slow. A friend with a classic car shop will be doing the install--- he has done three Vintage Air this year so far. I will pass along any info I get.......................MO

+KD

Good idea. I should do that.

A few years ago, I would have installed mine myself, but I want it done soon and my low vision now, makes me very slow. A friend with a classic car shop will be doing the install--- he has done three Vintage Air this year so far. I will pass along any info I get.......................MO
Took my new Vintage Air to the installer today to check for any shipping damage, and to make sure all parts had been included. All appears good, and we were very impressed with the packaging. .......................MO

The Classic Air kit is too. Stuff well separated and labeled. Clear instructions too.

Auto Transport Service
Back