• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lower door panels

Matt B.

Local time
10:04 AM
Reaction score
I am in need of replacing my lower door panels. I have a 71’ RR with blue interior. How are the aftermarket replacement ones for fit and finish? It looks like they come in black or white. Which color would be best to change to the blue?
Thanks
Matt

I just got some for my 71 Charger in black. The quality is ok but not awesome. The panels have a simulated stitching around the perimeter and on the panels I got that stitching is not really visible. The problem is that the only choices are used ones or seemingly one manufacturer for new.

Check with Legendary Interiors

Legendary shows seat covers. Nothing for door panels. That I can see. Thanks
Matt

I do have some black ones..

Matt, watch those aftermarket clips!! Make sure you get the ones with the really small "bump" on it (check old ones (usually blue) & you'll see what I'm refering) Ones without that bump work, but fall out as you put panel on.

I believe that there is only one manufacturer for the lower door panels currently, it doesn't matter who you get them from.

Which color is the easiest to color change to blue? How is the fit of the repro panels?
Matt

Just two manufaturers of those… PALCO (Dashtops) or ACCUFORM. Both just molded in Color black or white ALTHOUGHT Mopar PALCO whites are painted off white over the pure white plastic. Diff color will need to be painted To match your interior. 1st one is the only we could call it “decent”. Most of vendors offers those. Keep away from ACCUFORM as far is posible.

unfortunatelly ACCUFORM is the only one making the lower rear 74s (for those interested ), and just recently we have TONYs parts offering good A pillars, because before them, just ACCUFORM had them. Dunno the manufacturer of the ones being sold by TONY‘s PARTS

CLASSICS sells rear bucket panels even in colors which are quite perfect reproductions. I guess they were made perfect for the E body crowd so we are just beneficiaries of those. The first time I saw those were being offered by a former shop called RM RESTORATIONS or something like that. Now is CLASSICS, but still don’t know the manufacturer.

I’d say paint over white would be easier. If getting PALCO panels better also white since they are already painted, which it means plastic is already treated for paint, so you will be painting over paint.

the fitment is good, just the grain is not good, just close (not close enought though), althought for some reason they get an area with a kinda “washed” grain on arm rest hump area (dunno if they corrected that). ACCUFORM grain is better quality but WAY away from the original. And they don’t even try to simulate the stirching, just shows the edges groove.

no one of those repro options will match with originals on car side to side.

Last edited:
Got some for my 71, bright blue. I’m happy with them.
Classic Ind. lighting I have here could be better.
571101E0-0C47-4E8C-8F7C-1BD3467AB603.jpeg

I checked my catalog from last year and looked up the panels on their site. Same product # (bright blue). Looks like they went up in price about $105/pair and arriving soon.

Just two manufaturers of those… PALCO (Dashtops) or ACCUFORM. Both just molded in Color black or white ALTHOUGHT Mopar PALCO whites are painted off white over the pure white plastic. Diff color will need to be painted To match your interior. 1st one is the only we could call it “decent”. Most of vendors offers those. Keep away from ACCUFORM as far is posible.

unfortunatelly ACCUFORM is the only one making the lower rear 74s (for those interested ), and just recently we have TONYs parts offering good A pillars, because before them, just ACCUFORM had them. Dunno the manufacturer of the ones being sold by TONY‘s PARTS

CLASSICS sells rear bucket panels even in colors which are quite perfect reproductions. I guess they were made perfect for the E body crowd so we are just beneficiaries of those. The first time I saw those were being offered by a former shop called RM RESTORATIONS or something like that. Now is CLASSICS, but still don’t know the manufacturer.

I’d say paint over white would be easier. If getting PALCO panels better also white since they are already painted, which it means plastic is already treated for paint, so you will be painting over paint.

the fitment is good, just the grain is not good, just close (not close enought though), althought for some reason they get an area with a kinda “washed” grain on arm rest hump area (dunno if they corrected that). ACCUFORM grain is better quality but WAY away from the original. And they don’t even try to simulate the stirching, just shows the edges groove.

no one of those repro options will match with originals on car side to side.
https://www.classicindustries.com/product/1971/plymouth/roadrunner/parts/mb2970340.html

Auto Transport Service
Back