• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lower pivot shafts 67 Gtx

Jc cooper

Second gear fun!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:31 AM
Reaction score
Hey Guys, looking at PST lower arm pivot shafts, which do we prefer! And why ? Oops placed in wrong section, needs moved !

If you are asking about the solid shaft ones versus the grease-able ones, I believe you only need to use the ones you grease if you intend to install the poly bushing there. The OEM rubber bushing do not need grease. I think most owners shy away from poly in that location because that bushing gets some torsion and a lot of them have broken up. Whether PST has successfully dealt with that issue on theirs, I just don’t know.

I went rubber as well
The Mopar bushings have a lot less rubber in them than most and don't deflect much. you will get a softer ride over bumps with the rubber
The PST pivots and bushings fit very well

Check your strut bars
both of mine were bent and I understand this was common

I also replaced both of my Torsion bars with PST bars
I have a ride I am very happy with

I'm another in favor of rubber bushings on these old cars.

Thanks Guys for your input on the matter !

I have used both and I honestly can't feel any difference. Get the cheaper rubber ones if in doubt.

Check your strut bars
both of mine were bent and I understand this was common
Various reasons for bent ones....being used as tie down points is just one of the many and I've even seen guys use them as a jack point lol but running over crap is a pretty common one.

The reason poly bushings fail is typically petroleum contaminatoin. Poly typically calls for silicon based grease.

Auto Transport Service
Back