• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lynch Road ?

VINs are a function of administration and totally unrelated to production. A VIN of 110785 means this car has the 10,785 VIN assigned. It does not mean it is the 10,785 car built. This is a common and often reported erroneous concept. Cars are not built in VIN sequence so it is impossible to know in what order the cars were built. VINs are cardinal (counting - car one, car two, car three...) not ordinal (order-first car, second car, third car).

Expertly explained...but as you noted "This is a common and often reported erroneous concept." and it shall continue...

I was wondering, whether anyone has found out something about the 572 code on the fender tag of the Lynch Road Satellite (69Coronetrt maybe?).

Also, does anybody know, what the tilted „D“ under the right screw means?

Thank you, every help appreciated!

My guesses would be: the "D" would be an inspection mark, and the 572 would be whatever ratio open that came stock on a 318/2bbl satellite. Probably a 2.7x or 2.9x.
What rear do you have, 7 1/4 or 8 3/4? Have you ever checked the ratio?

I was wondering, whether anyone has found out something about the 572 code on the fender tag of the Lynch Road Satellite (69Coronetrt maybe?).

Also, does anybody know, what the tilted „D“ under the right screw means?

Thank you, every help appreciated!

I've found other cars with the same assembly but have been unable to get more detail. I can narrow it down to 2.7* gears and non Sure Grip but that's it.

Thank you for the replies @ 33 IMP and 69Coronetrt. I just happened to check the rear u joint yesterday and I found that the gear ratio should be 2,76. The rear end is a 8 ¾ 741. So that all matches what you said. The only uncommon thing I noticed ist that two of the inner clips on the u joint have an extra „eye“ where a pin (L shaped on both ends) goes from one side to the other (see photo), The u joint has „DETROIT“ written across it. Is that common?

u_joint_pin.png

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back