• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M/W carbs

They are this close to the master cylinder,if they would,heat could be a problem !

View attachment 696400
I know, but look at the riser between the firewall and the brake booster. Our cars don't have that piece. Looks like it raises up the m/c at least 3".
dscn0207-jpg.jpg

I know, but look at the riser between the firewall and the brake booster. Our cars don't have that piece. Looks like it raises up the m/c at least 3".View attachment 696401
I agree, but have heard of prob. With that style boster. They leak vacuum. Any thoughts from anyone that has used this set up ? I was going to try to make this work

View attachment 696407

20181227_124707.jpg

63spf , i'd go with the fitech's twins rated to 800 ponies . since numbers are not the thing , make it drive nicer then carbs . my package was just street race with 660 holleys , and it did stick up thruogh the hood to get some fresh air to the carbs .
DSC00975.JPG
DSC00976.JPG
DSC00977.JPG
05190027.jpg

get the math right on that standard master bores to calipers bores and reduce the pressure to the rear cylinder bores , it will be like having an booster .

get the math right on that standard master bores to calipers bores and reduce the pressure to the rear cylinder bores , it will be like having an booster .
Prob. is my car came factory BB ,P/S, P/B, A/C, P/W and I want to add a 426 M/W clone with all the goodies. I just don't know if possible ?
AC on a M/W intake ? never seen it !
P/B with M/W exhaust Manis ? Never seen it.
Am I Dreaming ? Now I do like the fitech idea. Just luv it.
As I want a daily driver !

Nice!!! What's that riser off of? My m/c is only 1" off the manifold now and I would love to raise it.
Not sure, I bought it with some other Mopar pieces. It just looked the part, so I bought it !

can the offset master setup from hemi cars get it further away ? i've not seen a max wedge intake that can have a/c brackers . but ps pb i've seen . and the driverside carb plenum would be in the way . i've seen 6pcks with a/c after cutting the air cleaner abit away, it wasn't pretty , but i didn't do to .
Scan0013_0013.jpg

can the offset master setup from hemi cars get it further away ? i've not seen a max wedge intake that can have a/c brackers . but ps pb i've seen . and the driverside carb plenum would be in the way . i've seen 6pcks with a/c after cutting the air cleaner abit away, it wasn't pretty , but i didn't do to . View attachment 696427
Aloha, Plus I want to use a Sanden comp. instead of the old school style. Take up less room, and I think will fit with small modifications.

Spark plug access is not a problem with the Doug's headers. Ratchet and a short extension. A single bracket was fabricated to move the P/S pump up a couple of inches and to mount the compressor for the Vintage Air system. With P/S, P/B and A/C (w/heat) there's 10 lbs. of stuff in a 5 lb. can...lol. The additions make for a much more fun almost daily driver for a retired couple in 100*+ summer weather and 30-40* winter weather.

i can understand , my dad's in foresthill , ca . off isibella just up the road from you folks . did you do your own mods ? hey now that i think of it . i had a cousin living in lincoin . bill rocha , hes passed on . a drop dead heart attack . he wasn't very old either . think he had a 67-69 barracuda . he did mobile mechanic work . his dad was a factory trained mopar tranny man .

Auto Transport Service
Back