• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Made in the U.S.A.

I buy USA whenever possible, sadly my 6k snap on scanner is made in China.i believe there is a difference and I like supporting my community and my brother is a tool and die maker... ask him about China steel for making a die. I’m not advertising for USS, I work there and very proud to be second generation, I’ve met several that are 3,4 &5 gen.. so buy American and be proud .

E51EFC02-7062-4CD6-B622-A6CBA99DE013.jpeg

All my tools are also made in the good old USA. I’ve had them for over 40 years too. If I have to buy new I would also prefer American made products. I’m sure the German products would be good as well. Chinese is junk steel, junk stuff.
I was about to reply about being impressed by you having your tools for 40 years, then i did the math on myself and dam, I'm one of the old timers now too...

I buy USA whenever possible, sadly my 6k snap on scanner is made in China.i believe there is a difference and I like supporting my community and my brother is a tool and die maker... ask him about China steel for making a die. I’m not advertising for USS, I work there and very proud to be second generation, I’ve met several that are 3,4 &5 gen.. so buy American and be proud .

View attachment 976439
I used to haul out of US Steel in Gary, Indiana. Hated going there!!! I would waste 4-6 hours waiting in line to load a single 45,000LB coil.

When it comes to your tools and equipment, how important is it to you that they are Made in the U.S.A.?

For the majority of my adult life I have made a living turning wrenches. From the time I was a teen my father preached to me, always by American made tools. Thanks to him, the majority of my collection is Snap-on, Mac, Matco and SK. Throw in a few Craftsman when they were still American made.
I have to admit, over the past few years, I have started purchasing some Foreign made tools. I now have some Kobalt, Tekton and Williams, all made in Taiwan. I can honestly say that I don't have any complaints so far. I started buying them when I learned that a lot of what the tool trucks carry are made overseas with their name put on it. All for a huge mark up.
When it comes to my large size tools, they are still all Made in the U.S.A., but I purchased them all years ago, and luckily haven't had to replace any lately.

I would love to hear from other members, what your thoughts are on American/Foreign tools.

View attachment 529264
I prefer to stick with "made in the USA" for anything I buy. Not that the foreign made stuff is necessarily bad, I'm just kind of patriotic. The more money we keep in the U.S., its better for all of us and future generations. Why make someone else's economy strong.

I prefer made in usa stuff but your talking old tools now as you said most stuff isn't made here anymore!
That being said if it's something I use alot I'll pay up and get something nice if I'm using it once or twice a cheaper tool will do . stuff like a compression tester I try and find nice old ones mine is about as old as me and looks brand new still! I payed up for it it's snap on.
Overall since I was a on road big truck and equipment mechanic I bought junk so if I lost it or needed to cut something up to make it fit it didn't matter!
Usually when I had to cut a tool up I turned in a request and the company would replace it with snap on!

Auto Transport Service
Back