• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Made in the U.S.A.

tool box.jpg

Ya that was going to be my next post, even though they are made overseas you are getting a nice tool, snap on is not going to risk its reputation and start handing out **** ratchets.
I do not include German tools with Chinese! The Germans buy from us and trade with us. I have a big problem with Chinese product! They steal our patents and produce substandard products. They look to destroy US Industries and it just does not make sense for us to support thir businesses!

I do not include German tools with Chinese! The Germans buy from us and trade with us. I have a big problem with Chinese product! They steal our patents and produce substandard products. They look to destroy US Industries and it just does not make sense for us to support thir businesses!

I apologize for not clarifying when I started this thread. When I stated "foreign" made, I meant China/Taiwan. Germany makes some of the best EVERYTHING! I have a German made Micrometer that I bought almost 30 years ago, and it is as good as ever. Problem with German tools is that they are hard to find here in the U.S.

Most of my tools were my Dads and I inherited them, Mac, Snap on, and Craftsman from 1980. When Lowes first came to California the wrenches, sockets, Ratchet's were made by Snap~On and I have nice collection of them Too, Some China:mad:

It's tough to be sure. I set out to buy USA made products the same way I try to buy from locally owned businesses first. I have attempted to research some companies before I buy to see if they are truly American made. The problem with some companies is their marketing departments have blurred the line between Made in the USA and Assembled in the USA. I wouldn't think that any "Made in the USA" company would ever openly admit that their product is not 100% made in the USA. I know I am over thinking this but if you buy tools that are made in the USA with Chinese steel does that count?

Last edited:
WOW! I thought I had a lot of tools, but some of your tool boxes are astonishing.

Whether I'm buying a TV, Refrigerator, tools, parts, etc the first thing I always ask is "show me which ones are made in the USA". Be careful to not ask if it's made in America... did that once only to find I bought a Mexican TV!

As for tools mine are mostly Craftsmen from well before they went to China.

ironbuilt , thats a 10 ton . for those big trucks i'd work on . my walker 4 ton wouldn't do the job . but that one does , lol .

Exactly, I wish more people would see it that way. I probably go further out of my way than anybody I know to avoid buying Chinese crap. I get flack everytime I respond to a thread on heads stating that I would never buy a set of Chinese Stealth heads for my car.... "but they are great heads for the money".. doesn't matter! I won't support the Chinese especially on a $1,000 purchase that's going on a true American made car.. nope, not doing it! Just like you I don't hold it against other foreign suppliers, if American made isn't available then I want Canadian, German, Mexican, etc before a Chinese product. They're thieving copycats.

Auto Transport Service
Back