• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magnaflow Manifold Pipe flange does not line up exhaust manifold on 73 Roadrunner

Trench

Local time
9:49 PM
Reaction score
I ordered Magnaflow Manifold Pipe #19304 for my 73 Roadrunner with a 440 but the angle of the flange on the pipe is different than that of the manifold. Is this the wrong pipe or was there more than one manifold orientation? This is teh right hand side, the left alignment is okay.
Any ideas?
1656443804171.png

I can't speak for a '73, but they did change orientation from time to time:
'70 orientation is rotated from '68-'69.
Check the part # on that manifold and that should tell you.
You might also check the pipe part # and confirm it's for a '73.

Are you certain of the manifold numbers being correct for the application? Make sure and call Magnaflow. We can't fix it.

My 73 is in the same position...Looks to me they welded it on backwards.

Defiantly the right part number ordered and received as per the box. I contacted Magnaflow and they asked for pictures but once he got the pictures I lost the connection and couldn't reconnect after that. I'll try again tomorrow.
Thanks for all the replies, I'll let you know what Magnaflow says.

The Magnaflow's are for the the factory "log" manifolds, not the HP manifolds. To get the correct head pipes you need to go to TTI exhaust and have the serial #s of both manifolds for fitment.

Exhaust_Parts

I can tell you the fit is great, but the down side is you have to order thru Mancini racing, and the freight is nasty.

Mark

The Magnaflow's are for the the factory "log" manifolds, not the HP manifolds. To get the correct head pipes you need to go to TTI exhaust and have the serial #s of both manifolds for fitment.

Exhaust_Parts

I can tell you the fit is great, but the down side is you have to order thru Mancini racing, and the freight is nasty.

Mark
Okay, yes this is a HP motor so that makes sense.

So one more question here, if the flange angle is corrected would the pipe fit or is the connection point different from the log style to the HP style?

You may want to check the comments section on Summit about these pipes, as there are multiple complaints, anything form shifter linkage problems to clearance issues. They may be made to "work" with your application, but I'm not sure it's worth it when the TTI's WILL fit, for about the same price.

Mark

I ordered Magnaflow Manifold Pipe #19304 for my 73 Roadrunner with a 440 but the angle of the flange on the pipe is different than that of the manifold. Is this the wrong pipe or was there more than one manifold orientation? This is teh right hand side, the left alignment is okay.
Any ideas?
View attachment 1305547
I just did the same thing! Magnaflow needs to have a disclaimer This is crazy

Auto Transport Service
Back