• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magnum 360 FI in 71 Satellite

hotrodhendrix

Local time
3:56 AM
Reaction score
The original plan was a late model 5.7 Hemi but based on my research the cost would be far greater. The 5.9 Magnum seems to be able to handle the 500hp range and is fuel injected. Looking for decent HP and decent mpg cruiser.

Questions:
1) We already have a brand new rear diff from a 6 speed challenger. What transmissions that bolt to the 5.9 can take use of this rear diff?
2) Information on 5.9 magnum builds seems to be limited and primarily carb builds. Does anyone have a link to 500hp range builds based on FI?
3) Last question. Was the 5.9 a good idea or should I keep hunting for the 5.7?

Thanks,
~James

The original plan was a late model 5.7 Hemi but based on my research the cost would be far greater. The 5.9 Magnum seems to be able to handle the 500hp range and is fuel injected. Looking for decent HP and decent mpg cruiser.

Questions:
1) We already have a brand new rear diff from a 6 speed challenger. What transmissions that bolt to the 5.9 can take use of this rear diff?
2) Information on 5.9 magnum builds seems to be limited and primarily carb builds. Does anyone have a link to 500hp range builds based on FI?
3) Last question. Was the 5.9 a good idea or should I keep hunting for the 5.7?

Thanks,
~James
I don't know how you came to that conclusion. The gen3 is very affordable. By the time you buy the fuel injection stuff for the 5.9 you will spend as much money if not more. I would be happy to help you. I have helped a bunch of guys from Tx, Mo, Ar, Ok with their gen3 hemi setups

I am considering that option as it seems performance parts for the 5.9 seem limited. Very limiting heads for sure... The reason behind the 5.9 I picked up was for the fact it bolts in without expensive adapters. Seems to be able to handle the 500hp goal if built correctly. Headers and things such as that carry over so custom ones would not be required. Not to mention no issues with drive by wire.

Are there tricks around these issues with the HEMI? Also as far as transmissions go which ones are normally used for the swaps with the HEMI?

I am willing to look at both options. I already have the 5.9 magnum 360 with all accesories in good shape but I do have a lead on a 5.7. Keep the info coming guys and thanks for the help. I am primarily a turbo import guy so some of this is new territory for me.

~James

Go to the "New Hemi Engine Swap" section. Tons of great information there.

Auto Transport Service
Back