• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magnum 500 and white letters or original hub cabs

Magnums all the way! IMHO! By the way, wheel covers are not hub caps. Poverty caps / dog dishes are hub caps.

Magnums are great looking wheels, but you'll see a thousand of them before you see another '64 Polara spinner wheel cover. But who says you can't have both? Swap takes 10-15 minutes depending on whether you have an air compressor.

Never have much cared for full hubcaps and was always losing them on hard turns. Always found one after doing that but noticed the rims were black on a yellow car so went with baby moons and thought that looked good until getting a set of whatever they were called from a 69 AMX. They looked like the Magnums but the spokes weren't bright. The car was a 66 Belvedere....

i vote for the original hub caps since the road wheels were not available for that year and if you want to keep it original, but if original does not bother you than go for the road wheels ... as far as local shows most people will not even notice?

The spinner wheel covers are very rare items. You might want aftermarket Magnums for daily use. Be a shame to lose a spinner at 70 mph and break the set.

Magnums on the Drivers side, Spinners on the right ?!?!!?? Haha !! I'd definitely keep both sets and change them for shows or cruising.

Magnums are great looking wheels, but you'll see a thousand of them before you see another '64 Polara spinner wheel cover. But who says you can't have both? Swap takes 10-15 minutes depending on whether you have an air compressor.
I am going to keep the original "wheel covers" and yeah you are correct , don't take but a few minutes to swap back to them if I want the car to look original. I bet you are right and it would be hard to find a set of Polara 500 spinners and they are in good shape.

CLEAN looking car....Enjoy it!

Auto Transport Service
Back