• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

making 70 charger fenders daytona fenders

hughes

Local time
9:20 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone, could someone tell me how to make 70 fenders into Daytona fenders. I thought I read on here somewhere that someone explained how to cut the fenders to bolt to valence pan. I can not find it and I am not sure whether it was this site or not! Also I need some advice on how to cut the hole for fender scoops. I have removed the headlights thus far. Any help appreciated these 70 fenders are not easy to find, I can not afford to goof up. Thanks again! Have a nice day! Lee

Have you asked on dodgecharger.com, in the Aero section?

Have you asked on dodgecharger.com, in the Aero section?
No thanks for the reply though, I can not for the life of me get logged in on that forum. I will put in a user name and password then it will not let me log in. Its hard being dumb! Thanks again Lee

No thanks for the reply though, I can not for the life of me get logged in on that forum. I will put in a user name and password then it will not let me log in. Its hard being dumb! Thanks again Lee

So, you are a registered user? It takes a day or so for that process, so I am told.
After that logging in is no problem.

I'm sure that guys making clone cars can help you though!!

This is my front fender being modified for a Daytona front valence pan. I measured the width of the factory flange,and cut the fender that width below the body line. I had to cut a notch at the wheel well lip from the bottom of where I cut the fender to the body line. I used a pair of wide jaw vise grips and two pieces of flat metal stock to bend the fender on the body line.
20180312_144503.jpg
20180312_144506.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everyone, could someone tell me how to make 70 fenders into Daytona fenders. I thought I read on here somewhere that someone explained how to cut the fenders to bolt to valence pan. I can not find it and I am not sure whether it was this site or not! Also I need some advice on how to cut the hole for fender scoops. I have removed the headlights thus far. Any help appreciated these 70 fenders are not easy to find, I can not afford to goof up. Thanks again! Have a nice day! Lee
Have you considered selling your Charger fenders and buying ones for a Coronet? I "think" that's what the factory did & your 70 Charger fenders are worth quite a bit of money.

EDIT - see post below from JB400

Last edited:
Have you considered selling your Charger fenders and buying ones for a Coronet? I "think" that's what the factory did & your 70 Charger fenders are worth quite a bit of money.
Coronet fenders were used on Superbirds, not Daytonas. 70 Charger fenders are correct once modified

I believe that dodgecharger.com has a thread on the mods, maybe with a template??

I believe that dodgecharger.com has a thread on the mods, maybe with a template??
Thanks do you know what page the mods are on so maybe I can look it up. I can get on forum but can not ask any ?s. Thanks , Have a nice day! Lee

Here is a pic of my clone. Who are you buying the front valance from?
It will take a lot of measuring and second guessing yourself before you cut the fender. As you can see from a previous post you want the leave a flap about 1-1/4 to 1-1/2" long which you will need to bend to have a fastening point for the valance.
I didn't bother cutting the hole in the fender for the vent under the scoop.

IMG_7494.JPG

Here is a pic of my clone. Who are you buying the front valance from?
It will take a lot of measuring and second guessing yourself before you cut the fender. As you can see from a previous post you want the leave a flap about 1-1/4 to 1-1/2" long which you will need to bend to have a fastening point for the valance.
I didn't bother cutting the hole in the fender for the vent under the scoop.

View attachment 819336

Thanks your fenders look nice in the picture. Hope mine turn out that good. I bought my valence from Erik Nelson. It looks nice from what I can tell not sure of the guage of metal that was used. Does any one know what guage the metal is suppose to be? Is it the same as the fender metal guage? Have a nice day! Lee

Auto Transport Service
Back