• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Man did it get dark quick!

Dutchrebuild

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:58 PM
Reaction score

IMG_20240408_152041097.jpg

IMG_20240408_152114514.jpg

Here in Mazatlan Mexico we were perfectly situated to see the full eclipse. Tens of thousands came to see it but we were already here. Climbed to the top of a hill and were surrounded by a beautiful sunset.
Was pretty damn cool.
IMG_0698.jpeg
IMG_0688.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes it did.
Unfortunately it was trying to rain right at the totally obscured stage.
Could'nt see anything.

Got dark and cold here, peepers in the pond began singing and the skeeters came out like they thought it was dusk...lol.

We had almost total eclipse in Canton Ohio. Very light cloud cover.

It got dark enough for our security lights to come on. Birds got quiet and the dogs laid down.

The sun had an awesome ring around it you could see with the naked eye, but not with glasses on. Hope it didn’t blind me.

We had almost total eclipse in Canton Ohio. Very light cloud cover.

It got dark enough for our security lights to come on. Birds got quiet and the dogs laid down.

The sun had an awesome ring around it you could see with the naked eye, but not with glasses on. Hope it didn’t blind me.
My neighbor saw the ring but I didn't....I was using a welding helmet to look.....

I didn’t figure my pics would turn out very good so I didn’t bother.
My son took one where the sun has 4 points like a compass. I’ll see if he will send it to me.

Phones wouldn't take one. Even at near totality the phone wouldn't register anything but a bright disk.

Forgot to mention that a small plane, Cessna maybe, flew past while we were both looking at the sun and it passed exactly between us and the moon. Surprised my wife, she was like. " What was that!!?"

Last edited:
I live about 1.5 mile from the north coast of Lake Erie, near Port Bruce, Ontario, across the lake from Ashtabula, Ohio. For weeks, all the Port towns near here have been advertising to come to the lake for an unobstructed view of the total solar eclipse. We watched it from our lawn chairs in our driveway. I did not pay much attention to the traffic to the lake before the event, but after the eclipse, there was a solid 1.5 hour bumper-to-bumper flow of cars away from Port Bruce. At times, the traffic was at a standstill in front of our house. I figure the traffic was impacted by the traffic light on the main highway in Aylmer, On., 6 miles away!

There was a two hour line up to get a cab at the airport here in mazatlan the other day. Tens of thousands flew in, downtown was pandemonium. Hotels fully booked for months, price gouging, scams galore. Glad we own our place here.

I wonder if the red lines have anything to do with it.
IMG_3056.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back