• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Man did it get dark quick!

I live in the path of totality. The Corona was really cool. Small red flares could be seen at the bottom. Got pretty dark, birds went funny. Nature is always a wonderful sight.

Eastern PA was in the 80%? range? It got cloudy right at the wrong time, so only a glimpse here and there. I did notice the breeze stopped, the birds went silent, coyotes started howling, the temp cooled off quickly. It was more like dusk for an hour or so.
Weird stuff man.

I was working finishing up a big job and the temperature fell for about an hour… Would have been nice if it happened on a hot humid day! It was cloudy here and could only see a few glimpses of it in our area.

1712625600412.png

1712625708729.png

1712625750486.png

1712626799181.png

Last edited:
My daughter lives in Farmington Missouri, went to see the eclipse and measure her house for some windows I am going to install. Thousands of people showed up all over the area roads were a total mess. I55 south of St. Louis going south was closed for a while due to the traffic jam. Took me two extra hours to get home.

Our buddy Joanne took this photo in downtown Mazatlan. You can see the corona ejections in red, and what is referred to as the diamond ring, the bright white spot. They are much more pronounced in real life.View attachment 1643495

wow, you get around....... I assume you're feeling better :thumbsup:

wow, you get around....... I assume you're feeling better :thumbsup:
Yeah, I’m much better, thank you. My right eye was kind of saggy for about five weeks but most of the symptoms were gone in about three weeks. We are truly blessed to have this place in Mazatlan. It is not as elaborate as that may sound, just a small place near the beach where we go twice a year to decompress and destress.
Funny thing about stress, though. Most of ours was caused by the stress of nearly dying in a forest fire, then evacuating for five weeks not knowing if our house and town were going to burn.
The first week here the huge dump caught fire, triggering a PTSD reaction of memories buried deep. Then last week the high rise that was being built beside us caught fire. Photo of the high rise and the nasty, toxic black cloud of the dump fire. We’ve had enough of fires for a while.
IMG_0704.png

We’ve
IMG_0621.jpeg

Saw it in NH yesterday. At peak, the sun was completely covered except for a hairline sliver between 11:00 & 9:00. Couldn't get any good pictures with the cell phone. The temp did drop about 10 degrees.

Dorks Of Nation Helpfully Identify Themselves By Wearing Solar Eclipse Glasses

:lol:

Apr 6, 2024

Article Image

U.S. — Dorks across the nation have begun helpfully identifying themselves for the general populace by all wearing solar eclipse glasses.

"Oh, look honey, another huge dork," said local man Ben Williamson to his wife as they spotted another man with eclipse glasses. "Gosh, I had no idea there were so many giant dorks in this country!"

According to the dorks, the eclipse glasses are carefully crafted by the American Astronomical Society to keep away ultraviolet rays and anyone of the opposite sex. "It's very important to check that your solar eclipse glasses are certified as ISO 12312-2:2015," explained local dork Tommy Reese. "The glasses should also come with a certificate of conformity from the POCE laboratory, which you should keep with you in case anyone questions whether you are, in fact, a massive dork."

The dorks have reportedly begun traveling in packs, renting out houses along the path of the solar eclipse for little dork gatherings. "There are literally planes filled with dorks arriving in Arkansas for the eclipse," explained local woman Tanya Mason. "Our little town of 1,200 has been completely overrun with these dorks. It's like there's a dork migration happening."

At publishing time, a man who had forgotten his glasses had taken to holding up a sign reading, "HUGE DORK" with an arrow pointing to his face.

Apr 6, 2024

View attachment 1643530

U.S. — Dorks across the nation have begun helpfully identifying themselves for the general populace by all wearing solar eclipse glasses.

"Oh, look honey, another huge dork," said local man Ben Williamson to his wife as they spotted another man with eclipse glasses. "Gosh, I had no idea there were so many giant dorks in this country!"

According to the dorks, the eclipse glasses are carefully crafted by the American Astronomical Society to keep away ultraviolet rays and anyone of the opposite sex. "It's very important to check that your solar eclipse glasses are certified as ISO 12312-2:2015," explained local dork Tommy Reese. "The glasses should also come with a certificate of conformity from the POCE laboratory, which you should keep with you in case anyone questions whether you are, in fact, a massive dork."

The dorks have reportedly begun traveling in packs, renting out houses along the path of the solar eclipse for little dork gatherings. "There are literally planes filled with dorks arriving in Arkansas for the eclipse," explained local woman Tanya Mason. "Our little town of 1,200 has been completely overrun with these dorks. It's like there's a dork migration happening."

At publishing time, a man who had forgotten his glasses had taken to holding up a sign reading, "HUGE DORK" with an arrow pointing to his face.
So far this week I’ve only gotten lucky on days that I wear my eclipse glasses.

Apr 6, 2024

View attachment 1643530

why worry about them ???
I watched it thru a hand held welding shield that i never use ...

Not a lot here in North Nevada. Just a slight drop in sunlight similar to when Cirrus clouds pass by. As I was catching the evening news...not the LSM...a segment on it, was showing
all the insanity watchers were doing. Squealing, dancing around like Druids and such, reveling in its wonderment, just really bizarre behavior. Kind of reminded me of the movie Independence Day...1st one...when the alien invaders were hovering over the building and the idiots were holding up signs welcoming them. Poof!!! They were vaporized as the aliens began their attack. I have seen a number of eclipses in my lifetime and in today's world, I do not understand how overblown and crazy, :screwy::screwy::screwy:people have become when such things occur...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

We have a new agey neighbour. Fortunately she is at least comparatively hot so I put up with her.
She did the whole “my back to the earth and face to the sky while I cried thousands of tears for countless generations” routine. We distanced ourselves so as to keep me from offending her by telling her what I thought. She is, after all, a comparatively hot neighbour and we need more of those.
Up on the top of the hill where we went was one guy who climbed a tree. Never mind that we are on top of the tallest hill in sight with an unobstructed view from horizon to horizon. He climbs about six feet up this poor ten foot tree and tried to act like the lookout on a pirate ship, loudly oohing and exclaiming away, hoping that somebody, anybody would pay him some attention. Fortunately your average Mexican isn’t into dumb **** and once he realized that nobody was listening to him he shut his pie hole.

Auto Transport Service
Back