• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifold vacuum port question

fmahannah

1963 Dodge Polara Max Wedge Tribute
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:01 PM
Reaction score
On my max wedge manifold, they added a vacuum tube to the PCV valve connector as shown in the photo attached. They had it blocked and were not using it (stuffed a bunch of scotch tape into the rubber line).

I am trying to use this for manifold vaccum on my vac adv distributor from Summit. It seemed to work but when messing with timing I bumped the rubber vac line hooked to this tiny vacuum tube and it killed the engine like I had shut the key off? Apparently it has a slight vac leak that gets larger if you wiggle the rubber line. Line is smallest I have and seems to fit better than what they had on it.

I want to eliminate this and use a vacuum line from the carburetor, but Carter 3705s did not have any vacuum ports?

Any ideas on how to add a better manifold vacuum source to a max wedge manifold or to a Carter 3705 carb (without any spacer plates)?

Thanks

IMG_6066.JPG

They make that fitting with just a single small line if that would work.

Watching. I want to add an under hood vacuum gauge. Looking for a good source to T into.
I have the fitting shown but it is used to feed my HVAC on my 72.

Watching. I want to add an under hood vacuum gauge. Looking for a good source to T into.
I have the fitting shown but it is used to feed my HVAC on my 72.
Simple enough to put a "T" in the HVAC vacuum line.

That fitting looks like an early p/brake vac fitting that screwed into the intake. If you have PBs, you can use that fitting & use the small line for VA. Or, just block off the large hole & use the fitting.
I would not use any emissions port for VA unless the port goes into the intake or it goes to a dedicated port on the carb that exits below the t/blades.
Another thing you can do is drill a small 3/16" hole in the carb base that exits in the t/bore, below the blades. Cut a small piece of brake line & Loctite in place.

Auto Transport Service
Back