• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Master cylinder for disc brake conversion

gtx6970

Local time
4:25 AM
Reaction score
Is there a master cylinder for manual disc brakes in size 15/16 " bore size that looks kinda stock for a late 60s or early 70s B body . with Manual disc brakes ?
OR is there even an option besides the plastic bodied version like late models
Smallest I can find is 1-1/16" bore

Force 10 sells an aluminum MC that works for disk or drum.
I just installed one on our Cordoba and it seems like a fantastic piece!
May not be what you are looking for but it's another option IMG_4759.JPEG:thumbsup:

A believe a 73-75 A body power master cylinder will work. It is iron. I called Cass a few yrs ago to find out if there was a standard replacement out there for a disc/drum manual 15/16 n he said that should work. Will need the rubber retainer but otherwise should work w a manual brake push rod.

Blast from the past when I completed my disc conversion.

A believe a 73-75 A body power master cylinder will work. It is iron. I called Cass a few yrs ago to find out if there was a standard replacement out there for a disc/drum manual 15/16 n he said that should work. Will need the rubber retainer but otherwise should work w a manual brake push rod.
Got one the other day.
I should have it bench bled and on the car this weekend

My original plan was convert it to power brakes.
But the vender I bought the kit from ( after a week of delayed response ) he finally got back to me saying part of the pkg was on backorder .
So I've decided to try and keep it manual disc brakes, ,just with a more OE stock looking master cylinder .

Got bench bled.
And on the car.

Much..MUCH better stopping ability now.
Car actually stops now without to much pedal effort required.

A good feeling finally when i drive it.
I will be much more comfortable when my girls take it for a spin.

20220904_154802.jpg

Got bench bled.
And on the car.

Much..MUCH better stopping ability now.
Car actually stops now without to much pedal effort required.

A good feeling finally when i drive it.
I will be much more comfortable when my girls take it for a spin.

View attachment 1337828
So post a link for future posterity as to where you got this master?

No proportioning valve?
I'm going to do the phantomworks test and determine if an adjustable is needed. If it is, I'll stash it somewhere out if sight but accessible to adjust.

You can also go with different size wheel cylinders in the rear if they are too grabby and the bias seems off. I believe 7/8" bore will help with that, but I am not positive on the size.

Distribution block does nothing but allow multiple outputs from the input with a warning light for pressure loss on one side. Later in 71 and up a combination valve was used to provide the necessary distribution, warning light, proportioning and hold off if needed.

On these manuel disc brake master cylinders I been reading the push rod is different on a B body and A body car and the hole in the master cylinder is to .does anybody know anything about this ?

Auto Transport Service
Back