• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Master cylinder leaking need new one

Snowbug778

Local time
11:20 AM
Reaction score
So my master cylinder is leaking on my 71 charger, what would be a good replacement for it? (Drums all around)
5690DB01-7471-479B-A5D9-967268A6AC83.jpeg

62400049-0A25-4669-9D72-7FA83C6CB53A.jpeg

So your lid gasket is leaking or it's overfilled... you certainly don't need a new master for that.

So your lid gasket is leaking or it's overfilled... you certainly don't need a new master for that.
the inside is rusty so we want to replace it, but where can i get a gasket if thats the problem?

If the other parts are original then I would strongly recommend new hoses as well at a minimum.
Wheel cylinders as well if you can.

I would flush it out with silicone fluid and get rid of the DOT3. It's nasty stuff.

If you replace MC and if it's a OEM Mopar MC someone might want it. Part number is on it, on bottom I think.

See if you can find a rebuild kit for it. If you can, then disassemble it and dip it in a rust removing solution and then rebuild it if you can.

See if you can find a rebuild kit for it. If you can, then disassemble it and dip it in a rust removing solution and then rebuild it if you can.
When i brake the car swerves to the left what could be the problem with that? And a fix?

Save your old parts, all the new stuff is made in China even the raybestos. You can have the original master and wheel cylinders sleeved and rebuilt some day if needed. Not cheap but at least you have a core.

You could have one or more loose bushings in the front end, then when you hit the brakes the caster changes and it pulls. Had it happen more than once.

You could have one or more loose bushings in the front end, then when you hit the brakes the caster changes and it pulls. Had it happen more than once.
Got it! Thank you!

Auto Transport Service
Back