• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Master cylinder rod

Aron Gleason

Local time
11:23 PM
Reaction score
So I got my manual disc/drum master cylinder bolted up. But the pedal rod comes out too easy. The rubber bushing on the end of the rod is at least 17 years old and had brake fluid soaked on it from the old mc leaking. Would a new bushing lock the rod in the mc tight?

Hey. I got it on order, just wanted to make sure that's what will fix it. Thank you R413

Hey. I got it on order, just wanted to make sure that's what will fix it. Thank you R413
Did the new bushing fix the problem? I just received a new aftermarket Bbody MC and the piston center hole is larger than the original so the rod can slide in / out with little resistance using new bushing. Also has metric threads for the dust cap so original screws won't work. Sending back to seller.

Did the new bushing fix the problem? I just received a new aftermarket Bbody MC and the piston center hole is larger than the original so the rod can slide in / out with little resistance using new bushing. Also has metric threads for the dust cap so original screws won't work. Sending back to seller.
I have the same problem going on with my new MC I just bought now with the center hole being a little bigger then the MC I took off. Did you leave it like that or get another MC? Thanks, Dave

Auto Transport Service
Back