• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

max wedge exhaust manifolds

I think that's a great idea. How bout cluing us in on the difference when you make the dyno runs?

I thank u all for your comments.I will buy a set of headers but since i already own the minifolds i think i will dyno with them just to see how much i lose,the engine builder has some junk headers we can compare. He says right around 650 horsepower with my setup i guess we will see.He also said my intake is also going to kill hp.I dont think he likes the whole setup, or gets the whole max wedge thing.But if i can get 650 hp or more i would be happy.

Be ready for some massive under hood heat.They were on that 64 Belvedere i had a couple years ago.Need a heat shield for the master cyl. or you'll be able to frie a egg on it,and make sure there are no wires within 6" of them.Also make sure the valve covers have fresh gaskets and dont leak cause once the manifolds are on with the crossram they are a pain in the a$$ to get at.
X2 A friend of mine has them on his 64 Savoy and he's going back to TTI's this winter.

The big difference in performance isn't in the way they flow it is in the weight. 11.70 114mph with exh manifolds and pipes with open caps 11.40 117 mph. with cheap small headers and no pipes or mufflers to haul. About 120lbs less weight

There is a guy in PA, I think his name is Mike Wiley. He is a big time max wedge guy. There was an article in MCG years ago, and he had built a set of headers that looked just like the maxie manifolds. That might be a good solution for you. I don't know if he would sell you a set but it doesn't hurt to ask. They really did look good.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, now I'm thinking I might want a set haha
I just read this on the forum. I remember the article but can’t find it in all my MCG issues. Do you happen to know which year that article about the headers was? Thx.

I just read this on the forum. I remember the article but can’t find it in all my MCG issues. Do you happen to know which year that article about the headers was? Thx.
This is a ten year old thread, and Montclair said "years ago", so I would look at 2010 magazines and older.

I’m trying. Lol. I have went through 07/08/09/10. I have all issues since 03. I remember the article. Just looking for a pointer. I just spent the afternoon thumbing through 4 years. I can’t even get a hit on internet. Guess I’ll just keep chugging.

You'll lose a tenth based on the weight alone. :poke:

If your not racing, the "cool" factor of the cast's made my mind up !

I run MW manifolds with full exhaust, Car runs 10.20's

Maxie at MIR 2017.jpg

I thank u all for your comments.I will buy a set of headers but since i already own the minifolds i think i will dyno with them just to see how much i lose,the engine builder has some junk headers we can compare. He says right around 650 horsepower with my setup i guess we will see.He also said my intake is also going to kill hp.I dont think he likes the whole setup, or gets the whole max wedge thing.But if i can get 650 hp or more i would be happy.
Do you want to sell those Max wedge exhaust manifolds?

Oh man. It would have been late 90s/early 2000s. My mags are boxed up - what do you want, just a pic?

Oh man. It would have been late 90s/early 2000s. My mags are boxed up - what do you want, just a pic?
Just which issue it was. I remember it. I have been going through mags last few days. If you want to send pics of article if you find it, I would greatly appreciate it. Want to make a set for my car and wanted to see how he did it before I decide. Thank you for responding sir.

I am thinking of running max wedge exhaust manifolds with my max wedge victors. Any idea how much its going to hurt horse power. I am also running max wedge intake . Its going into a 1965 coronet. thanks
Engine Masters did a comparison to headers on Max Wedge and Headers and the result was close to the same. Only disadvantage is the weight. I have the Max set-up in my 65 Coronet and it performs great. Also have the Accurate exhaust system. Its really fun to drive especially when I open the electric cut outs. Engine Masters just did a program on the cut outs. Great show

Auto Transport Service
Back