• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Max wedge hood scoop...

I just got my AFX scoop from Larry a couple of weeks ago.
Top knotch piece.
I will buy from him again without a doubt.
I talked to him on the phone and have texted him many times and always got a response.
Just giving credit where it’s due.

UNless you want to go with an original copy aluminum model ( which run about 1500. bucks) go with the Kramer model. They are the best I have seen and are exactly correct. DO NOT go with the high rise versions out there. They look stupid and were not used on the originals. Go to kramerauto.com and check them out.
check out kramer and buy from Joe

Sled City scoop
IMG_20160531_191036293.jpg

well i like the look of the scoops , but it does not perform well . the wind drives right over it . so as you can see i went without , my hood is a glass hood pulled from the steel one .
05190027.jpg
Fury.png

66E27153-7BD8-4397-B4DE-730D6EF311A9.png
24D84AED-5C8E-4D54-ABFF-B66F938C8861.jpeg
9BC7A7A3-8899-442B-8F04-B8A4467461ED.jpeg

I don’t think I would be able to say it’s not getting enough air.
A bit larger opening than what I had on it.
We will see if it helps.
Best to date is [email protected] with 1.41 sixty foot. Leaving on the foot brake at 1600 shifting at 5600

Last edited:
This is Larry at Sled City Fiberglass, and hood scoops are almost half our business. I have owned 2 aluminum nosed cars and a spare aluminum front end. I know what the scoops weaknesses are. There is a good reason for our no stress mounting system and I don't mind selling you your 2nd scoop after the others have blown off and the guy behind you just ran it over. We have 3 sizes of max wedge scoops and 5 sizes of Hemi scoops and shipping them out on a regular basis.
Larry,

I'm looking to install a max wedge scoop on my 1964 Valiant. I would like to subtly make the appearance of the car more aggressive, but not unnaturally so. The height of the scoop will make all the difference, so I need one that will just clear the hood's raised 'spine', without looking like a mailbox. What do you recommend?

Doug

Only prob. was I didn't care for the mounting tabs. Kind of weak , but made it work for me.

20151209_112414.jpg

Convaliant64, We have the original size which is approx. 2.5" tall and we have a 3.5" and a 4.5". I think the original height scoop would be a good match for your car. Give me a call at 1-614-875-0369 and we will do some business. Larry

View attachment 549456 View attachment 550558 View attachment 550559

I don’t think I would be able to say it’s not getting enough air.
A bit larger opening than what I had on it.
We will see if it helps.
Best to date is [email protected] with 1.41 sixty foot. Leaving on the foot brake at 1600 shifting at 5600
The a/fx scoop looks good on your car. I am assuming that is a fiberglass hood on your car, and if it is , you may need a third hood pin on your front area in the center.You will know up around 120 mph. The light weight hoods tend to bow in the middle on the 64's for some reason. Aerodynamics?

Auto Transport Service
Back