• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Max wedge hood

Local time
11:31 PM
Reaction score
Hi, Anyone have a Max Wedge dual 4 barrels without a hood scoop? Any clearence issure with a flat hood?
Talking 64-65 Clones or real, I'm doing one, do know if I have to cut hood for the air cleaners
Thank You

I had a 63 dodge max wedge, you just have to cut the center bracing out to clear air cleaners. No hole in hood is necessary unless you install the scoop.

I guess I should clarify, would I have to cut bracing out, To clear the offset air cleaners, Have a 65 Satellite, 440 Max Wedge set up
Thanks

Last edited:
Well the factory cut out the hood bracing for the air cleaners to clear. So I would say yes you need to cut the hood bracing. Ron

64 Fury, stock carbs and stock air cleaners, cut the bracing out and it all fits.
Doug

273.jpg This is my '62 sedan. The bracing is not cut an there is clearance. I do have a torque strap to limit engine movement. It's close but there is room. At least there is on my car.

Auto Transport Service
Back