• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MAX WEDGE INTAKE MANIFOLD , EVER SEEN THIS ?

dodgeboy440

BOHNALITE CHRYSLER HEMI PROTOTYPE 1951
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:03 PM
Reaction score
SAY WHY-AND …. That’s what it sayzzzz

And 4 Tom…. PART NUMBER “WCLSQ”…..

Well it’s not a number but Weiand Says It

Will Have To Do …..

Just Got This Back From The “ Cleaners” ,

Ain’t She Sweet ! Thought About Measuring

The Runners Just 2 Check ….Aren’t Maxie

Intake Runners About 2,5/8 Tall ???

And About 1,3/8 Wide ???

This is a Child of the 60’s that I Never Used.

Anyone Here Familiar With This Beauty ???

See How It Compares With The Other

Weiand Part Number “WC2Q “ A Dual Quad

With Smaller Runners …..Also A Child Of The 60’s …

Here’s a Purrffeeecccttttt… OppaToonitty….

To Hava Conversation….

So Come On Down !!

Thanks to All For Helpin Out Especially The

Great Ones ….Even “ MAD MAX “ & The

ThunderDome Crew …..

Are We Havin Fun Yet ??

Thanks Joey For The Ad & Being Da Godfather….

Mopar2ya

John

IMG_6775.jpeg

IMG_6779.jpeg

IMG_6770.jpeg

IMG_6768.jpeg

IMG_6758.jpeg

IMG_6756.jpeg

IMG_6751.jpeg

IMG_6748.jpeg

IMG_6747.jpeg

IMG_6755.jpeg

We did a few Weiand intake installs back in the day. Good manifolds, but I don't recall much. After decades, only the real good or real bad incidents come to mind. Did not do a max wedge, I would've remembered that.

Just looks very poorly "hogged out" to me. Why would a max wedge manifold have exhaust crossover tubes?? And for "B" engine , correct?
Rare piece, yes? Desirable, well, not by me anyway.

Yup, not a "Max Wedge" manifold... A manifold that's been sloppily hogged out to roughly "Max Wedge" sized ports...

Weiand quit putting the "Say Why And" in the late sixties

Maybe not the best port job..... but still a good manifold for an original iron max head, cause of the cast in valley cover. A prehistoric 337.
But yeah, neither was a max originally.

Had an intake with the "say why and" on it years ago. I've heard so many people pronounce it weeand....

Just looks very poorly "hogged out" to me. Why would a max wedge manifold have exhaust crossover tubes?? And for "B" engine , correct?
I think they are both RB. WC2Q stands (I think) for Weiand Chrysler dual quad.
As opposed to DP, for dodge/plymouth, a designation edelbrock used too.,

Maybe just the photos but it looks like 1 RB and 1 B manifold.

Might be for a 300J. 300J cylinder heads were similar to Max Wedge heads but had the crossover, I think.

my cnc standard ports are bigger than that...

My pro-ported 286 max heads are 1 3/8x2.3/4+. I doesn't look like there was room at the top of the port for the manifold to go all the way to max.
My TM7 modified for max heads has had a slug of aluminum welded to the top of each port pair, to be able to go full max port.

Might be for a 300J. 300J cylinder heads were similar to Max Wedge heads but had the crossover, I think.
Could be.. I personally have never laid eyes on a disassembled 300J motor, nor seen pix of one torn down. May as well be Hen's Teeth!!

@Lefty71 Me neither, but about 50 years ago 2 friends of mine were looking at some 300J cylinder heads and the guy selling them told them that they were the same thing! Even back then I was looking for Max stuff and my friends knew it. I think in my collection of stuff I have the '63 Chrysler "New for'63 Chrysler" factory bulletin and it has pictures and I think the difference is the crossover.

The J head was an early 915 style head.

Auto Transport Service
Back