• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this an aftermarket Max Wedge Intake?

Diesel1276

Local time
5:12 AM
Reaction score
I tried finding a site for Weiand casting numbers with no luck. Can someone educate me if this intake is for Max Wedge heads? Ports look like max wedge size to me. Thanks!

IMG_0690.jpeg

IMG_0691.jpeg

How tall are the ports? Std ports are about 2 3/8” tall

it has heat crossover passages which max wedge heads don’t have.

Looks to me like a 361-383 intake, opened up to max wedge size. Certainly not a factory anything, other than the Weiand factory. (DP on a weiand or edelbrock in those days meant low block, for dodge/Plymouth, CH for chrysler, would be found on an RB.)

And it's on Ebay

Thanks fellas just wanted to verify, cuz you never know. I dont know why Holley doesnt list the casting numbers for Weiand?

I ran one on my 383 1964 Plymouth back in the 60's
It ran slower than the factory cast iron manifold even thou
it was lighter.
Back then I bought a lot of Weiand manifolds direct from the factory.
They would for an extra charge cast their intakes with extra Aluminum
so that you could port it to Max Wedge size. That was much easier than
building up the intake yourself.
The pictured intake does not have that additional built up area on it.

Last edited:
I am 100% certain the seller used the new "A.I. assisted" item description option. Have any of you actually read the whole description? It almost sounds like a bad translation of Chinese assembly and operating instructions into English.
JMO, no malice intended

Some early Weiand manifolds came with enough meat to port it to Max size. Ran a single plane in the late 70s.

Auto Transport Service
Back