• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mechanical oil pressure and water temp gauges

Beekeeper

It’s a disease without a cure!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:01 PM
Reaction score
Where is everyone running the oil line and thermocouple wire through to the interior?

oil line threw tic toc tack grommet and for the WG line up threw the steering wheel column mount. I didnt want to drill any holes.

On my 66 I ran both through the tach wire grommet on the pass side thats below the heater box and about top of carpet on the firewall.

I drilled a hole as high as I could get it under the glove box and then installed a grommet.

Where is everyone running the oil line and thermocouple wire through to the interior?
The pressure line for the oil pressure gauge is explained. The water temperature gauge uses a filled system that measures temperature by the expansion of a gas in filled system. It actually measures pressure on a scale that reads temperature. There are no wires .....
BOB RENTON

The pressure line for the oil pressure gauge is explained. The water temperature gauge uses a filled system that measures temperature by the expansion of a gas in filled system. It actually measures pressure on a scale that reads temperature. There are no wires .....
BOB RENTON
Bourdon tube usually filled with alcohol

On Satellite thru tach wire grommet

On Coronet already had a hole for oil gauge, Ive added temp gauges and volt meter , plan to use same hole

Auto Transport Service
Back