• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mecum auction 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona.

hemi71x

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:22 PM
Reaction score
Watching the Mecum auction on the tv.
A 1969 Hemi Dodge Charger Daytona just sold at $750.000
I think that was kinda low. What ya think?

It just may reflect the going price for a boogered-up resto, on a car that only it's intrinsic value prompted such a price.

I didn't think it started until Thursday on MotorTrend TV
must be a rerun...

saw one the other night
that had a couple of the Winged Warriors
reviewing in some guys collection, going to be on sale
going over the block one of the day or all of them (?)
Tim Wellborn's old Hemi 4 speed (David Spade bought & sold)
6k+ miles bronze Daytona again too,
that sold last time for 1.3 Million + fees
Spade paid 900k & + fees

There were so many wing cars at Mecum Kissimmee back in January, that the market might have been somewhat flooded. Several of the best ones brought huge money, others not so much. Of course many cars at auctions aren't nearly as nice in person as they appear on TV and online, and some have sketchy or older restorations, so there are lots of factors as to why some seemingly identical cars bring far more than others.

Stupidity at Mercum it was with that many across the block at one time. Someone apparently needed to cash out no matter the loss. That said, the White 440-4 barrel Bird, with what looked like a fiberglass nose, still fetched $268K US... :thumbsup:

There were so many wing cars at Mecum Kissimmee back in January, that the market might have been somewhat flooded. Several of the best ones brought huge money, others not so much. Of course many cars at auctions aren't nearly as nice in person as they appear on TV and online, and some have sketchy or older restorations, so there are lots of factors as to why some seemingly identical cars bring far more than others.
I was at Kissimmee in person, and you couldn't have said it better.

Auto Transport Service
Back