• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mecum Charger

All that money that was printed in the last two years certainly went into someone’s pockets. I only wish it was mine.:(:D

$ are all about whats the next hot item. Bought a manual wide body hellcat a little over a year ago and just saw one sell for about 10k over what I paid, yeah! But it wouldn't surprise me if this changed next week. We should consider ourselves lucky, since most of us on this forum have cars that are worth some cash "God Bless America" :)

Also nothing wrong with a restomod, kind of nice having an old looking car with modern personality that drives well and can keep up with modern. I really get sick to my stomach when I meet someone at the car show/cruise that tells me I have the wrong bolts on my water pump, etc.

tells me I have the wrong bolts on my water pump, etc.
I completely understand how you feel. Questions like why did you do that ? It should be this way.
It's the way it is because it's my car and I'm good with that.

IMO.... ya gotta change the way you think sometimes to comprehend these car values ?
Like....
Air Conditioning doesn't COOL anything.... rather it merely "takes the Heat AWAY" ?

same principle applies....
It's NOT that these cars are getting more expensive....
it's that the people trying to buy them ? are getting one helluva lot POORER as the Dollars they are being Paid in gets devalued.

The evidence is everywhere ?
I mean look at the DOW index ?
DOW as of Jan 2017 was 19,800..... 5 Years later TODAY it's 36,000 ?
Anybody really believe any of those Companies have almost DOUBLED their Sales/Size and Businesses in REAL terms ?

I've thought about Selling my R/T SE.... problem being, WTF good is the Money unless a guy goes out and BUYS something else right away before it becomes really lousey bumwad ? OUCH !

Fugly wheels. Not many resto-mods out there that I enjoy. The prices on restomods has been ridiculous. I understand they have a ton of money into them but not my style.

I agree with both sides, restomod and traditional, since they both have their upsides. As far as price, I built a 69 vett convertable restomod and then restored a 68 vett. I can tell you I'd take the restomod route any day! When you consider the time and money I spent on NOS parts and tracking down a "S" load of "correct" parts it paled in comparison to buying a few modern parts thru Summit or Jegs.

To each his/her own as long as they're enjoying the hobby but don't for a second think a restoration is cheap, yikes! Unless your an accountant type (no offense to accountants) but you have to enjoy spending months tracking down the correct power steering pump cap (for example). A restomod is far easier.

Encase anyone doubted what I was saying. Also the 68 isn't done, and at the rate I'm proceeding with the dam restoration it may never be. If anyone knows of someone interested in buying a 4/5 completed (in paint now) 68 big block matching #'s let me know :)

IMG_1414 (1).jpg IMG_2154.jpg

looked at the suspension, not modified except the strut rods, and disc brakes. No QA1 parts, no 4 link, nothing upgraded, although says Modified suspension, I think it also had the wrong cluster, and basically all stock interior, and they put in a crate HEMIL I don't see $300K. It's not a R/T 4speed or anything special.
Someone must REALLY like it, and not care. Hope they enjoy over spending, for something they could have had for less, and done better.

For years I went to these high dollar auctions.Usually hauling cars for someone else.
I did get to sit on the floor and watch what goes on. Many times it is just "I like the color" not caring about anything else.The other is a girl on each arm saying "Buy me that !" Seen that more than once. Then these cars go into a warehouse and get forgotten about till the next season,or a few years.Then they pop back up for sale again.
I have known guys that buy just to say they have one.

Auto Transport Service
Back