• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Meep-Meep's progress report

Meep-Meep

дворянин
Local time
2:20 AM
Reaction score
Trial fitting for the 69 RR....and strangely enough it all fits :grin:

The brakes are the 11.75" with the tall spindles and I will be using tubular upper A arms. Note: The tall spindles are not recommended with the OEM upper A arms.

DSC00519.JPG

DSC00520.JPG

DSC00521.JPG

Looking good MEEP MEEP!, I need to start thinking about doing that as well, I will be heading to the media blasters soon and taking all of my suspension and k-member along with the chassis/body.
P.S. Evidently "D.J. Crawford" is still working on my info, I spoke with him a couple of weeks ago and he said he had his guys working on it for me. I am really interested to see what they come up with.

Nice! Is the K member powder coated or sprayed? Reason I ask is that is next on my agenda now that I finally got the engine painted.

"Strangely enough it all fits."?
Don't you hate it when that happens?
So what did you forget?

J/K. That's looking real killer. Who's arms are you using?

Looking good MEEP MEEP!, I need to start thinking about doing that as well, I will be heading to the media blasters soon and taking all of my suspension and k-member along with the chassis/body.
P.S. Evidently "D.J. Crawford" is still working on my info, I spoke with him a couple of weeks ago and he said he had his guys working on it for me. I am really interested to see what they come up with.

Excellent! Let me know how it goes.

"Strangely enough it all fits."?
Don't you hate it when that happens?
So what did you forget?

J/K. That's looking real killer. Who's arms are you using?

I know, I'm worried as well. I didn't even have a sledge hammer near by so you know something is wrong :rolling:

Upper arms are Firm Feel. I didn't care about them until they said the arms have an extra 4 deg of positive caster built in and will allow the use of the tall spindles. Sold!

K member is sprayed SEM hot rod black. This is a three part system that comes in a box. It seems to have the right amount of gloss and I plan to shoot the rear end housing with it as well.

The steering box is painted with cast blast from Eastwood, but I'm not sure if it's supposed to be bare iron or painted black. Easy enough to fix.

Thanks, but the steering box is still bugging me. Should it be black or natural cast?

Thanks, but the steering box is still bugging me. Should it be black or natural cast?

I don't know which way is "correct." But if it was going in my car, I'd do it just the way you have it in the photos. Whole thing looks good :sSig_goodjob:

Auto Transport Service
Back