• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Memorial Day weekend

Car Nut

Local time
10:39 PM
Reaction score
:usflag:

18664188_1469127019816680_4318019632233652067_n.jpg
this weekend.jpg
1495566515381.jpg

This letter to Ms. Lydia Bixby sums it up for me about The Fallen.

Executive Mansion,
Washington, Nov. 21, 1864.

Dear Madam,

I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant General of Massachusetts that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle.

I feel how weak and fruitless must be any word of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save.

I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom.

Yours, very sincerely and respectfully,

A. Lincoln

And from "Saving Private Ryan"...

so your memorial day is like our Anzac day where we remember all who have given their lives for our freedom :thumbsup:
this seems appropriate
c01d0df170c43c6b5657c48421c0b2b0.jpg

Every time I fire up my Mopar, take a shower, breathe free air, or exercise 2nd ammendment rights, I recognize and Honor the fact that someone died to protect my gifts. My feeedom and privilege. I relate most to Viet Nam Vets as I did not have to wade in a rice paddy holding my M16 over my head as many did. Many did not return. The export tag on my Coronet indicates it may have been purchased by Military who did not return to pick it up. I think of you every time the 440 lights. I thank you. God Bless.

My dad was a WWII Vet, Three brothers served in Vietnam - one didn't come back. Another served in the Philippines. Memorial Day is a powerful reminder in our family of the sacrifices made so we can live the lives we do in this great country. God Bless the USA and all those that serve and have served on foreign and domestic shores.

To all, thanks and have a safe weekend. Too many people are jumping for joy because they get a 3 day weekend and holiday pay, along with a weekend of drinking beer, BBQing, having a good old time. There are some who really do know the meaning of Memorial Day is are those who I have the most respect for. While there are many of us who will endure 110+ degree weather, hot enuff that you sweat from your socks, sleep in not so pleasant quarters, internet sucks, no green grass, no green trees, so that those other people home who can have a pleasant weekend. We CANNOT thank those who served in the past or present for the liberties we have today. I say THANK YOU to all my brothers and sisters where ever we may be.

13239218_722945287809192_8262494195134333334_n.jpg FB_IMG_1437565281549.jpg

In my opinion, the most important day of the year for our country. For without those who've given the ultimate sacrifice, we would not have what we do. I cannot adequately express my thanks.

This letter to Ms. Lydia Bixby sums it up for me about The Fallen.

Executive Mansion,
Washington, Nov. 21, 1864.

Dear Madam,

I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant General of Massachusetts that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle.

I feel how weak and fruitless must be any word of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save.

I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom.

Yours, very sincerely and respectfully,

A. Lincoln
http://b-29s-over-korea.com/SullivanBrothers/FiveSullivanBrothers.html

For our state coin most of us wanted a picture of the brothers as shown. But for some reason it ended up being a school house. Damn I hate politicians.

You had me right up until number 8. Too many people think Memorial Day is the same as Veterans Day. It isn't. Reach out to a vet on Veterans Day. Memorial Day is for the fallen.
Couldn't have said it better. Nov. 11th is for those of us who made it back. Memorial day is for those who didn't. May they R.I.P.

Auto Transport Service
Back