• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Military Retiree's & Veterans talk

69a100

Local time
11:08 AM
Reaction score
With the pussification and overly sensitive butthurt feelings of people now days I don't know what to think anymore?
So I'm on one of those other social media sites that has various groups that you can join, I was in a A.F. one and asking a couple of questions and mentioned that "active duty pukes" need not reply as my question was geared toward the Guard and Reservist. Well some tightass butt wad AD puke got all bent outta shape and reported me for calling him a puke, when it was not intended at him but to all "active duty" people. To all that have served on Active Duty, regardless of branch. Were you ever called a Active Duty Puke, or are you offended by it even today? Maybe some have never heard the term? I spent 11+ years on AD and have no problem with the term, or even being called one. Discuss

With the pussification and overly sensitive butthurt feelings of people now days I don't know what to think anymore?
So I'm on one of those other social media sites that has various groups that you can join, I was in a A.F. one and asking a couple of questions and mentioned that "active duty pukes" need not reply as my question was geared toward the Guard and Reservist. Well some tightass butt wad AD puke got all bent outta shape and reported me for calling him a puke, when it was not intended at him but to all "active duty" people. To all that have served on Active Duty, regardless of branch. Were you ever called a Active Duty Puke, or are you offended by it even today? Maybe some have never heard the term? I spent 11+ years on AD and have no problem with the term, or even being called one. Discuss
Gotta say, I never heard of it in my 37 years of active Army and federal civilian service. It probably didn't add anything to the conversation, so why use it?

Water over the dam now Don, I first heard it back in 82. I knew a lot of people that used it back then. Shoot, even as a Reservist, I've heard the term used.

I only spent 5 years in the USAF. I've heard the turn "puke", but not sure it was related to "Active Duty Puke". Doesn't both me.

Old Atwater/Merdead, my old stompin grounds!

Lol, sensitive pussies. I have heard it and used all thru my time in the service. Been around the military since '77, and in the Army '84 to '94, Pukes, Maggots, etc... It isn't a derogatory term, just terms we used back then. People today are too sensitive in my opinion.

Lol, sensitive pussies. I have heard it and used all thru my time in the service. Been around the military since '77, and in the Army '84 to '94, Pukes, Maggots, etc... It isn't a derogatory term, just terms we used back then. People today are too sensitive in my opinion.
Water over the dam now Don, I first heard it back in 82. I knew a lot of people that used it back then. Shoot, even as a Reservist, I've heard the term used.
I came in in 1981. I agree with you, and I agree with 69Bee. Anymore, you have to weigh your words before you say them. Many of the things we all used to say with no harm intended were understood, but now offend. Personally, I would not have thought that what you said would have bothered another servicemember, regardless of their component. I guess it says a lot about where we are as a society, even in the military, and trust me, it's not the military I grew up in. As good as our military is, it's politicized, even at the lower levels, whether uniformed or the DoD federal civil service.

:rofl:
12 years in the Marine Corps here, active and reserves.
Doesn't surprise me at all that an AF weenie would get offended that easily.
You can call me whatever you want just don't call me late for dinner.
:rofl:

Well, as Chesty used to say; “old breed, new breed they’re all Marines”. Paraphrasing I’m sure.

I only spent 13 weeks on base and was never late for a meal. There were some advantages to be married.
Never heard the term pukes but there were others. USAF

I didn't go to Vietnam but was serving in the Navy during that time. Some of us remember being called worse names.

Haven't heard that name "Merdead" in years...lol! Merced isn't the nice town like it used to be.

Hence the way I call it. I've been there, lived there! it is a agricultural armpit that's even gotten more depressed.

12 years in the Marine Corps here, active and reserves.
Doesn't surprise me at all that an AF weenie would get offended that easily.
Hey! I was a SAC weenie for 11 years, I resemble that remark. I'm offended!:poke::poke::poke:
That's just it right there, I have no prob with it, and make fun of it. Isn't that what morale is all about? Guess not!

Never heard the term pukes but there were others. USAF

Let me name a few.
Bomber Slug/Puke, and others= Bomber crewmembers.
Coneheads= Missile personal of all related to be around missiles, launch them, etc..
Crewdog= Any person that has wings, wears a Flight suit and fly's on planes. Weather it's a O or E. Also know as Zipper suited sun Gods.
Scope Dopes= Anybody that works/fly's on E-3's or has their heads in a radar scope.
SWAT team = **** Water & Trash. The people that do fleet services for the jet. You know? Empty the shitter, take the trash bags out, supply fresh water, meals etc.
Pilipino Mafia= Any employee that works at the Exchange, commie, or anywhere else on base.
Commie= Short for the commissary, aka grocery store for the civvies.
There's tons others that I'll get to but it's time to eat. TTFN

I first heard it back in 82. I knew a lot of people that used it back then. Shoot, even as a Reservist, I've heard the term used.

I joined in '82 and I must say I don't ever recall hearing that term.

On the other hand, after Basic and AIT, I thought my name had been legally changed to "Maggot"!

SAC covered a lot of ground and many fields. Most were not fly boys. Heavy vehicles mechanic ( tow, deicing were my specialty) then there were garbage trucks, cranes, land fill shredders, all kinds of snow equipment, farm tractors, missile transports, fork lifts. Motor pool was our biggest pain in the *** that and brass.

Active duty had much worse names for reservists. It escapes me why someone would get upset over normal military jargon.

Over 20 years served in the Navy...I've heard the term before, and I've heard worse. Kindler, gentler, more sensitive type of military these days, can't get away saying those types of things much without someone complaining...back in the day you just went about your business and it bothered no one. My motto, no need to get offended if you know it doesn't apply to you...

Auto Transport Service
Back