• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

military service poll

Hey MoparJim, in your CID days, ever know a W.O. named Dave Ellis? We used to go riding many many times in and out of Ft. Hood where I was stationed for 10 yrs.

Donny,

I spent a little over a year in the CID field in Korea, lets just say we did not see eye to eye, so I went back to the MP field and finished out my last 10 there.

Name does not ring a bell!!

Jim

I was at the German Army and I hated it. Stupid and boring. Would not go again. Was an armored infantryman on a M113.

M113_PzMrs_240902-02.jpg

Great Grandfather Army WW2 1942-1945
Grandfather Army WW2 1946
Father Army Vietnam 1967-1968

Me I never joined up but kind of wish I had now.

THANK YOU for your service Guys and Gals.....

U.S. Army Nov. 11, 1988 thru current. Holding on till they wheel me out and say don't come back Sarge.

ok... who was in the military.....i will start it off.....USAF..active duty....1970 TO 1973...jet mechanic...worked on..,f-4s,f-111s,kc-135 tankers,c-141s,b-52bombers....plattsburgh,ny,utapo- thailand,mcguire nj,goosebay- labador ,kadina- okinawa...then got out on a hardship discharge to help my parents run there business

looks like we have another post going here also on who served in the military

US Army 1985-2007. 95Bm (MP), 95D (CID). SFC, retired, Bronze Star, 80% disability.
4 Tours in Korea ( I guess you could say I liked being in Korea! so much I married a Korean and have a 21 year old daughter and a 9 year old son, been married 22 years now,
3 Assignments at Fort Knox, where I retired out at.
1 Assignment to Fort Hood, Texas
6 month Deployment to Bosnia late 90s.
1 year Deployment to Afghanistan in 2005, my last hurrah before dropping my retirement papers in 2006.
Currently Taking advantage of the VA's Vocational Rehabilitaion Program going to college since 2008 and have one semester left till I receive my Bachelors Degree.

Collecting MOPARS in between all of that and since my retirement
1969 Plymouth Roardrunner (Clone) Amost done
1974 Cuda Project
1973 Barracuda Roller (For Sale)
3-1992 Mitsubishi 3000GTVR4's
1 Old Dodge Dakota Pickup (1998)

I was with the 3rd/17th Air Cav that formed at Ft. Knox then went to Vietnam. I have a lot of good memories of Knox and killed a lot of brain cells in Louisville at the Wooden Nickle. It's (Wooden Nickle) probably a parking lot now.

i would like to thank all the vets for our freedom.......HOME OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF OUR BRAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

US Marine Corps
1988-Present

Don't know how many of these I have done, so what's one more?

9 years, 11 months, and 1 day... USN '87-97.
Electronics technician
USNS Joshua Humphreys (TAO-188)
USS Caron (DD-970)
NAS Meridian

My dads father was in the navy 60's-80's, moms dad was in USAF 60's-late 80's, my dad joined the USAF in 86' and still in til next summer, Been a boom operator his whole career, I believe he got a metal not to long ago for having 10,000 hours flying in combat zone or something like that. Dad was stationed at the same base my moms dad was and that's how my parents met lol. I don't plan on joining at the moment, Plan on getting a business/and or mechanic degree, and open a shop with my dad. but if i do it would be Air force.

US Army here...(1988 to present) 22 years and still going. 63B-Light Wheel Mechanic (yeah right if it moves fix it) / 91W-Medic, worked as medivac liasion to Air Force moving in and out of overseas for most of war and now 79R -recruiter finishing out my career. SFC/E7

Auto Transport Service
Back