• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Minor dash crack repair

YY1

Local time
8:55 AM
Reaction score
I have a really nice 73/74 Charger dash pad...but...it has one very small crack right in the middle, beside the instument area, at the top.

I was thinking some kind of gasket sealer might do a good enough job, and sure enough, a couple of months ago someone posted the same solution and named a permatex product that cured to a similar state as the pad.

I can't find that post now, to save my life.

Anyone remember what it was?

I don't recollect the thread but this stuff works, for little cracks like your telling of.. There may be something better but thought id leave this and a quick story.
When i first got my car it had one crack in it, same place as yours and stayed of course, but when i put it in the new garage about a couple months later i found another, just down from it toward P-side, i told my wife about it and a few days later she came out for something and i went to show her and then it had yet another.. I bought a dash protector to save money but after i seen another starting i decided i may as well figure on a new pad, but settled for a cap. I hope you fare better and this stuff wont break you trying it, but did think i should mention it.. Good luck.

http://www.permatex.com/products/motorcycle/motorcycle_adhesives_sealants/motorcycle_epoxies/motorcycle_Permatex_PermaPoxy_5_Minute_Plastic_Weld.htm

Auto Transport Service
Back