• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheel Moulding Trim Fastners

Heat-Med

Local time
3:12 AM
Reaction score
Looking for some direction on what type of screws to use for mounting wheel moulding trim on a 1968 Coronet RT. I purchased the new trim, but I need to decide on a fastener. I checked a few sites and noted they have zinc plated screws and zinc plated screws with bi-wax--which are fairly expensive. Has anyone had any experience with these? I was thinking of maybe just buying stainless steel. Are there any issues you guys may be aware of if I use stainless steel? I am not sure if I will really need the stainless steel though being my car does not typically see any inclement weather--maybe just hand washing at best being it is stored indoors.

Last edited:
How many you want ?

20240117_143310.jpg

Haha, looks like you have some to spare. I will head out to the garage this weekend and count up the amount I need. Another person on the site shared a link for them and they are pretty reasonable. You are pretty far away being I am in Wisconsin.
sending a pm

I believe the wheel well molding screws are the same screws used for the windshield mounting clips

I believe the wheel well molding screws are the same screws used for the windshield mounting clips
PNORA shared a link where I was able to order some. They look similar to the ones that I found online, just way cheaper. I hope they are good quality. They should be on the way.

Auto Transport Service
Back