• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Missing a fender tag

Gunner1

Local time
3:44 PM
Reaction score
My new to me 63 Dodge Polara came with the fender tag missing. Is there anyway to get a replacement one.

There are many opinions about reproducing fender tags. Purists say don't do it unless you have the accurate information your car came with. Do you have the build sheet for the car? The reason its frowned upon is that you or anyone can claim the car was something its not. And if selling the car anyone that knows mopars is going to REALLY look at the fender tag.

Its like this putting the DANA code on the tag instead of the 8.75 code or changing the engine code from a 318 poly to a 440. All of this would be easy to do if thats what you want to do. Truth be told the Roadrunner in my avatar doesn't have a fender tag. No plans to recreate one either. But it is a true Roadrunner.

Send your info to Chrysler Historical and see what they have to say. If nothing else they'll send you a picture of the IBM card.

I have the original fender tag, but it is heavilly corroded and barely legible. I can make out all of the codes from the back. I will have a new one made and save the rusted original. Also helps that my Charger was unrestored and unmodified, and I bought it from the original owner.

Max has his fender tag and build sheet. Still, there were doubters. I sent off to Chrysler Historical and when I got the info back, it was when they still decoded the IBM card, the decode sheet showed next to the motor designation number: Super Stock! I was so happy I near peed myself! Then Galen Govier verified it and Darrell Davis has it in his source book. So when I go to a show I have 3 forms of ID!

I sent off to Chrysler Historical and when I got the info back, it was when they still decoded the IBM card, the decode sheet showed next to the motor designation number: Super Stock! I was so happy I near peed myself! Then Galen Govier verified it and Darrell Davis has it in his source book.

Does anyone know how to contact Chrysler Historical? I've been threatening to find my info for the longest time. I have no fender tag or broadcast sheet.

Max has his fender tag and build sheet. Still, there were doubters. I sent off to Chrysler Historical and when I got the info back, it was when they still decoded the IBM card, the decode sheet showed next to the motor designation number: Super Stock! I was so happy I near peed myself! Then Galen Govier verified it and Darrell Davis has it in his source book. So when I go to a show I have 3 forms of ID!
I love stories with a happy ending! LOL

No mine was wrecked pretty good. All I can tell from the Vin is a 318 from the CA plant. I guess Ill just let it slide since its already got a 440 and a 727 in it. No plans to pass it off as something important other than to me.

Auto Transport Service
Back